"Thanks, and you're fine," you said with a tired half-smile. Your lips then parted at a slight pain in your back. "And is that why my legs are kinda– well, I was gonna say kinda, but they're actually just numb. Like I can't feel them at all."

Mirio stepped forward and kneeled beside your hospital bed so he could talk to you eye to eye. You stiffened slightly, his uniquely cute eyes were staring at you so directly. He grabbed one of your uninjured hands and clasped it between two of his warm hands. "I'm super sorry!" he said, his beady blue eyes wide and guilty. "I didn't mean to hit you with my full power, and especially not into that pillar – I didn't even realize the weights had fallen off, and when I did, well, I just had to keep going...!"

You let out a small sigh and patted his broad shoulder with one of your hands. "No, it's fine – you guys were just playing your part." You then excitedly smiled, your eyes trailing over to Ectoplasm. "And I passed, right? I won, right, Sensei?"

Ectoplasm seemed to grin at you. "[last name]... You have passed the Practical Exam. I'm extremely proud of you. You were tenacious, even in an environment that stunted your abilities, and used your sight to your advantage, evading your enemies."

Hadou quickly nodded along to your teacher's short analysis, her fists excitedly held against her chest. There were stars in her eyes again, and you couldn't help but think, 'Wow, she's really... pretty.'

She built off of Ectoplasm's comment, "Yup! I told you when we were in there, but you were suuuuper fast and you moved really well! We were all super impressed and I think your friends were too! A few of them came to visit – green hair, brown hair, blond, pink, and a bunch of others – you have a lotta friends!"

Okay, they're all just trying to flatter you now. If you're being honest, you did kinda ass... Even though you were supposed to be way faster than them, they still beat you up. And you mainly ran the whole time. Either way, you were so glad that you passed. It wasn't as bad as you thought! Definitely still bad, but you didn't break anything, you don't think. Your smile widened as you thanked them for their praise.

And you thought, maybe you are cut out to be a hero.

"Wait, Amajiki-kun has something to say, too!" Hadou said. The boy let out a yelp at the mention of his name.

The other two coaxed him to turn around, like a cute cat. Okay, you can't keep calling people older than you cute. He glared at you (though he didn't even realize he was), causing you to freeze up a bit. Amajiki bowed slightly, avoiding your eyes. He found you intimidating after you cut off his tentacle. "I- I'm... I... Your, uh, shoulder... Sorry."

You smiled at him, hoping it looked sweet and not in pain. "I already said it's fine, Senpai. Sorry for cutting your, uh, tentacle off."

He mumbled something as his pale face turned bright red and he turned back to his corner.

You sensed Bakugou stirring in the cot beside you. He tried to sit up, but winced at the pain in his torso. Everyone in the room glanced at him before returning their eyes to you, though you kept your bug eyes on him. Is this a good time? It should be. Your conversation with the Big Three and Ectoplasm is basically done now. When will you get another opportunity like this?

You have to bring it up.

Bakugou clenched his fists, staring at the veins bulging from his hands. All Might got him good. He wondered how much power All Might put into that punch to his gut, the one that was so hard that it made him throw up. And that fucking dweeb Deku. He had the fucking audacity to just grab him. God, it pissed him off to no end. It confused him so much. Why, why is that Deku so... irritatedly heroic.