Chapter 17

NEW CHAPTERRRRRRR

___________________________

Skip to shopping day for wedding......

In the heart of Rajgarh, the excitement reached a crescendo as the wedding of the revered Hukum loomed just a week away. The grand palace echoed with the flurry of preparations, the streets adorned with vibrant banners, and the air filled with anticipation.

Yet, this wasn't just a joyous union; it was a significant event for the destiny of Rajgarh. With Dadi Sa's recent passing, her wisdom lingered, guiding the family to adhere to tradition. According to her beliefs, the Hukum's coronation was destined for an auspicious day, precisely after five months and five days, so all decided to have the wedding in the end of the month so that Ishita could adapt to the environment , of her new family.

The city brimmed with curiosity about the upcoming celebrations and the impending coronation. As the wedding festivities approached, Rajgarh stood on the cusp of a historic moment, celebrating love, tradition, and the promising future that awaited its Hukum.

Ishita's Pov 

Our family was engrossed in selecting dresses for the upcoming celebration, but my heart wasn't fully in it. Ansh, unfortunately, was stuck in a meeting, as his pa informed us over a call. I wandered around the shop half-heartedly, contemplating the various dresses. 

Suddenly, someone tapped on my shoulder, and I turned to find Samrat bhai looking at me with a small, subtle smile, which I reciprocated.

"Namaste, Bhabhi Ma," he said, bending to touch my feet.

 I jumped in surprise, "Samrat bhai, yeh kya kar rahe hain aap?" I asked, startled. 

"Kya hua, Bhabhi Ma, main toh bas Ashirwad lene aaya tha," he replied, still in the same bent position. I held his shoulder and made him stand upright.

"Aap bade hain mujhse, aisa achha nahi lagta," I said. "But Bhabhi Ma, aap rishte mein badi hain mujhse," he said with the same subtle smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.

"Aree! Lekin age mein aap mere se bade hain. Main nahi karne dungi aapko yeh. Aur khabardar mujhe itna bada 'Bhabhi Ma' ka tag diya toh Anuv aur Avni toh chhote hain, unka samajh aata hai lekin aap bhi mujhe yeh bulayenge. Mujhe apne Bhai sa ki tarah 'oldie' na banayein. Samrat bhai, mera naam Ishita ya Ishi hai, aap mujhe yeh bulayein, bilkul Avinash bhai ki tarah," I said in one breath, feigning anger.

"Haha, cute," he said, lightly flinching my forehead.

"Okay, Ishita," he said, raising his hand in surrender like a criminal turning himself in to an officer.

"Hmm, abhi ke liye chal jayega," I said, laughing.

"Vaise aap kyun khali haath khade hain? Koi kapde pasand nahi aayi, ya phir aapko bhi kisi ka intezaar hai?" I said, wiggling my eyebrows mischievously.

"Arre, nahi, hamein kisika intezaar nahi. Bass vo... mujhe kapde select karte nahi aate," he replied, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Ismein konsi badi baat hai, aayiye hum select karte hain," I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him with me. I signaled the staff to bring some catalogues, and as they did, I picked out a few options. The staff then handed those attires to Samrat bhai, and I eagerly waited for him to come out and do a mini fashion show for me.

Finally, every outfit was selected for every occasion, and I was high-fiving with Samrat bhai. Suddenly, someone grabbed my wrist tightly and dragged me aside. It was Bhavya aunty. I fell silent, looking at her with an angry face. I couldn't understand why she was behaving like this. Before I could speak, she lashed out at me, still not releasing my wrist, which was starting to hurt.