Chapter Three: Freedom

Start from the beginning

Qui-Gon kneels down to the boy.

Qui-Gon: Anakin, training to become a Jedi is not be a easy challenge. And if you succeed, it's a hard life.

Qui-Gon then faces Revan.

Qui-Gon: And Revan, with your age theirs a chance you might not be allowed in the Order. But I will try my hardest to give that chance.

Revan: we'll do are best.

Shmi: Anakin, Revan, this path has been placed for both of you; the choice is yours alone.

Anakin thinks a bit as he looks to his mother.

Anakin: I want to do it.

Revan: So do I.

Qui-Gon: Then, pack your things. We haven't much time.

Anakin: Yipee!!

Anakin hugs his mom and starts for the other room, Revan stays and looks to the woman that has raised him the last few years.

Revan: What about you? What are going to do now?

Revan has tears going down his face as Shmi puts her hand on his cheek wiping away his tears.

Shmi: Revan, my Son, my place is here. My future is here. It is time for you to let go...

Revan: But what if I can't?

Shmi: You can't stop change any more than you can stop the suns from setting. Now... hurry.

Revan and Shmi hug. Revan goes into the other room. Revan hurries to throw the last of his things into his backpack as Ani waits for Revan to pack. He walks over and pushes the button on the droid to wake him up. Threepio stares at him blankly.

Threepio: Oh! Oh my, oh. Hello Master Anakin.

Anakin: Well, Threepio, I'm free ... and I'm going away ... in a starship ...

Threepio: Master, Ani, you are my maker, and I wish you well. However, I should prefer it if I were a little more... completed.

Anakin: I'm sorry I wasn't able to finish you, Threepio ... give you coverings and all ... I'm going to miss working on you. You've been a great pal. I'll make sure Mom doesn't sell you or anything.

Threepio stares at Anakin and Revan as they rush out of the room.

Threepio: Sell me?!?

Anakin: Bye.

STREET - SLAVE QUARTERS

Qui-Gon, Revan and Anakin exit the house. Shmi stands in the doorway. Qui-Gon, Revan and Anakin start to walk down the street, then Anakin stops to look back at his mother standing in the doorway. He turns back to Qui-Gon, then turns and runs back to his mother, Revan walks slowly toward them. Shmi hugs Anakin. Qui-Gon watches from the distance. She kneels down and looks him in the face.

Anakin: (starting to cry) I can't do it, Mom. I just can't do it.

Shmi: Ani...

Anakin: Will I ever see you again?

Shmi: What does your heart tell you?

Anakin: I hope so... yes... I guess.

Shmi: Then we will see each other again.

Anakin: I will come back and free you, Mom... I promise.