Any Sport in a Storm

Start from the beginning

"Right... forgot about that sorry." She smiled at him but he knew it's wasn't a happy smile, a pained smile.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

Willow is working out relentlessly with Clover accompanying her.

"After years of thinking I wasn't good enough, I finally found something I can be good at. Something I wanna be good at. Switching to the Plant Track was just the beginning. I'm on my way to becoming the witch I wanna be."

Willow sits in front of a mirror. She looks at her reflection and talks to herself.

"I can do this!" Willow suddenly becomes unsure.
"Right?"

Willow takes off a piece of newspaper clipping pasted on the mirror. It shows an article titled: "The Ghouls Celebrate Their First Flyer Derby Win!" and in the picture above it, Gilbert and Harvey Park are among the members celebrating the win.

Willow looks back at her reflection with confidence.
"Eye of the liger, girl. Knock'em dead!"

Willow walks inside the hallways of Hexside. A banner above her reads: "CLUB FAIR TODAY!" She suddenly hears a noise and looks towards it, and sees Luz and Gus running away from something, Luz chucking icicles at it.

"Back, back, back, back!"
A rogue locker appears and chases after the duo. They run behind Willow and hide behind her.

Willow promptly uses a spell circle to summon some vines and tie up the locker's feet, restraining it.
"Thanks, Willow."
"And that's why we try not to keep our lunches in the lockers."

"So... ready for the club fair, Willow? Mayhaps you'll join me and Amity in the... Azura book club." She tries to hold up 5 books in her hand at once, but drops it seconds later while yelping in pain.

"Owie."
"Thanks. But... I'm interested in something with a little more... drama, flare, and face paint."

"I'm so excited to hear the next words out of your mouth."
"Flyer derby!"
Willow shows Luz a video on her Penstagram account on her scroll.

Only Stabitha Jenkins and Old Gory are left."

Stabitha and Old Gory rushes towards each other.
"Who will win?"

Stabitha snatches Old Gory's flag and hangs it over at her team pole.
"And it's Stabitha Jenkins with the winning flag!"

"Ever since our grudgby match, I've been playing it at home. Today... I'm starting Hexside's first Flyer Derby team!"

Behind Willow, Luz and Gus cheer and throw confetti.
"Whoo-hoo!"
"Yeah!"

The club fair event on the field outside school building. Willow is setting up her stand with Clover's help. Meanwhile, Luz is at her stand trying to attract people to come.

"Journey with us to a world of magic unlike any other! Well, uh, a bit like this world, except toned down for ages 6 to 11. Why isn't anyone interested?"

Boscha grabs a book from the stand and shows Luz the cover.
"The art doesn't do it any favors."
"Not judging a book by its cover is a baby rule even babies know. Plus, you don't read Azura for the art! There's so much magic in the words."

Boscha flips open the book and reads a passage from it.
Boscha poses as she reads. "Twice have I tarried at Tanabrack. Yet e'er have I kept my troth to thee, Azura."
"Okay, the prose can be... ornate. But it- it's also the crackling emotions! The convoluted magic system! The smell of the pages!"