51. THE WHITE BUFFALO SUITE

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE: THE WHITE BUFFALO SUITE

---

"'Lila should stay back' Since when do you make decisions for me?" Lila asked Diego "I was just trying to make sure--" "Is this about the baby?" Lila asked, cutting him of "Of course it's about the baby, all right? I go in there, I may die. But if we go in there, succeed, and things go back to normal, I want you here with our baby" Diego said "I'm better in a fight then you are" she said "First of all, no, you're not. And...this isn't a contest, okay? We barely made it out last time, right? I thank God that I was able to shut that door. Can you imagine being trapped on the other side with him?" he asked "I don't have to imagine. I was there" she said "Good. So you'll stay" he said "Not a change. I'm going" she said "Why can't I be right? Just...Just...Just once?" he asked and she sighed "Look, Diego, you said you choose me, right? Well, this is who I am. I'm a fighter. Just like you" she said "I only said that because I thought you'd be nice to me" he said "If you wanted nice you'd be with someone else" she said.

---

Luther was sitting in his room on the bed looking out the window when Five entered the room "Hey" they said to each other.

"How long do we have left?" Luther asked "A couple hours. Could be more, could be less" Five answered "Where's Sloane?" he asked "Raiding the wine cellar for our end of the world party" Luther said "So I guess you guys know which way you're voting" Five said as he put his hands in his pockets "You, Lara and the twins are more than welcome to join us" Luther said "I'm still on the fence on that one" Five said as he began walking around in the room.

"I saw something last night that I was not supposed to see" Five said "Diego and Lila. Yeah, they do it on the stairs sometimes" Luther said "No, I saw Dad. He was in his room with someone. He was making some kind of deal. Before you ask, I don't know what the deal was or who it was with. Everything is a blur" he said as he was walking around the room.

"Wasn't me or Sloane. We were, uh, busy doing other things last night" Luther said with a smile "Yeah, I get it Luther, thank you. Everyone was boning everyone last night" Five said.

"Wait. Ben hooked up with someone?" Luther asked "Focus, please" Five said before he walked closer to Luther.

"The story about the Bells? There's something Dad's not telling us. Think about it. When has the old man ever been straight with us?" he asked "I don't know. He was pretty ruthless in out performance reviews" Luther said "He always gave me five stars" Five said "Really" Luther asked "Look, I'm old enough to trust my instinct and it's telling me this is a trap" Five said and Luther furrowed his brows "Food for thought" Five said before he walked out of the room.

---

"Viktor, wait" Allison said to Viktor who was walking away from her and he stopped "For what? So you can hand me my ass again?" he asked as he turned around to look at her "Look, I was really drunk last night" she said "You don't have to make excuses. I get it. I am your least favorite sibling. I ruined your life..." "Okay. No that's not" she said, cutting him off before she sighed "Will you just stop and listen, please" she said and he nodded "Last night you were right. Claire and Ray are gone. But...hating you won't bring them back. And my pain...doesn't give me permission to hurt you. But it's real. And it's something that I have to carry. Which is why if I don't...If I don't do something, if I don't...if I don't act now...it's just another thing that slips into nothingness. If we stay here, we die. But if we go through the portal, we could...we could save the universe. We could save...everybody. So can we just put our past behind us and move forward together? Can you give me that?" she asked and Viktor nodded "I love you" she said "I love you too" he said and she hugged him.