Duels with Caution

Start from the beginning

As anticipation arose, Emerald took a quick glance at Ruby, who was aiming the scroll towards the two fighters. Soon Mercury got into a fighting stance and so did Pyrrha.

The fighters looked at eachother for a few seconds before Mercury rushed towards Pyrrha before charging up right leg to kick with a twirl. Pyrrha rushed aswell but as he peformed the kick, It was blocked by Pyrrha shield before swiping his left leg which made him fall backwards and he began to backflip away.

Pyrrha rushed mercury as he tried to kick again but was parried by Pyrrha's spear, a double kick with his other leg but again was blocked with her shield. Pyrrha hit Mercury's leg as it was still in the air before shield bashing him away.

Ruby looked towards Emerald.

Ruby- "Hey your friend's doing pretty good."

Emerald chuckled.

Mercury jumps and spins, kicking pyrrha's shield, making her spin a 180 before kicking her again but it got blocked by her shield. Mercury sends in another kick but Pyrrha manages to get away from him, Pyrrha takes on the defensive and holds up her shield as Mercury rushes her again. he jumped and kicked her shield 3 times firing some rounds into her shield in the process, kicking her to the side only to be blocked by her shield as she spins wer weapon in the air. Blocking the kick that would have otherwise could have hit her head, Pyrrha spins around blocking and parrrying until her weapon was kicked and embedded into the ground.

Mercury hummed confidently before sending another kick only to be thrown off by Pyrrha's semblance, he thought as he was down letting an another hum as if he figured out something. Pyrrha rushed Mercury after she got her weapon back and attmped to shield bash but he manages to jump onto her shield and launch himself away. Pyrrha rushed towards her opponent who was looking towards the opposite direction until..

Mercury- "I forfeit."

Pyrrha gasped as she slowed down next to Mercury.

Pyrrha- "You, don't even want to try?"

Mercury shrugged.

Mercury- "What's the point? You're a world renowned fighter, we're obviously leagues apart."

Glynda- "In that case, Pyrrha Nikos is the viktor of the match, again. Next time you may think a little harder before choosing an opponent."

Mercury- "I'll be sure to do that."

Mercury said and left.

A buzzer occurd and seamingly awoke Blake.

Glynda- "That is all for today. And remember that dance is this weekened, but you all have your first mission on monday.."

Team RWBY soon leaves the arena.

Glynda- "I will not accept any excuses."

Scene cuts to Team RWBY exiting the room.

Ruby- "So Stinger! How was the fight?"

Stinger (comms)- "Pyrrha is exceptionally skilled in close quarters combat, may even rival a pilot if they lacked a jumpkit. But I do have some suspicions about Mercury Black. Further note he has metallic prosthetic legs."

Ruby- "Hmm, why would he fight then?"

Stinger (comms)- "That I am unsure of Ruby, try to stay vigilant around them."

Ruby chuckled.

Ruby- "Don't worry Stinger! I'll ba careful."

Stinger disconnects from the scroll and puts it back in her pocket then leaves. Unaware Emerald was listening in, soon Mercury catches up with Emerald.