01. 𝐍𝐨 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒐𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔,
𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒏𝒐 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒊𝒄𝒆.

°•°

ARYA RYKER WASN'T ONE TO NECESSARILY FOLLOW THE RULES. Growing up, she rebelled quite a bit which was easy for her since almost all of her family was gone anyways. Her mother was young when she had her, just being sixteen. When her mother was eighteen, she was reaped and ended up dying in the arena. So, she never really grew up with a mother. Not that Arya really had anything to miss since she barely knew her before she died.

Her father was a prominent member in her district. Since they were a part of District 5 that supplied the main source of power to the capital, he had one of the main jobs making sure that the dam never had any issues. But ultimately, he would end up dying from an electrocution shock after routine maintenance work went awry.

Arya did have two little brothers, Ash and Jacob. But due to her family's luck, Ash was picked from the reaping and because she wasn't the same gender, she couldn't volunteer for him. So, she had to watch her twelve year old little brother barely survive two seconds within the arena. It was mainly the reason why she trained so hard in order to protect herself. So, when she was reaped which did end up happening, she could win for him and maybe that would give him a little bit of peace in the afterlife.

Her brother Jacob on the other hand, couldn't handle the loss of their family. Arya had tried to help him the best she could, but the guilt and grief eventually over took him and he ended up taking his own life when he was just sixteen years old. That was the last of her family ripped from her. Her grandparents had already passed on, and her mother's sister never really talked to them. She mainly pretended like they didn't exist. And within that same year was when she was reaped and sent to the arena.

Arya believed that her trauma and grief from losing her family was what sent her over the edge. And what allowed her to be so ruthless within the games. She didn't have anything else to lose, and that seemed to help her bring her to her victory. Arya had won the games within the same day that they had started. She didn't run and go hide, she didn't hesitate for even a second. Arya had ran right into the middle and killed ten tributes right off the bat.

Killing nineteen out of twenty three competitors wasn't really seen much within the games. And Arya believed that maybe people would think she was too evil, and not be seen as a person herself. But to her surprise, the Capitol ended up loving her because she was so brutal. And when she won the games, even President Snow himself said he was quite impressed by her.

The only tributes she hadn't killed was the little twelve year old boy, Alex, who had reminded her so much of Ash. As well as the thirteen year old girl, Sara who had unfortunately poisoned herself with nightlock berries. The district nine girl who had stepped off the pedestal too early and the man who was killed by one of the careers.

Some people admired the fact that she left the two young kids. But most of her district didn't really see that sincerity within it. They only saw the cold blooded killer who took out her own and didn't even seem the slightest bit remorseful. Her district had turned on her and her victory tour was not exactly smooth sailing through district five.

But Arya wouldn't apologize for what she had to do during the games. She did it to survive and if any of them were in her place, she knew they would do the exact same thing. Because they couldn't judge her, not when the whole point of the hunger games was to kill or be killed. Arya was just doing what she needed to do. And she would do it all again if she had to.