Satisfy

“Fuck.” I hear Xaden say to my right but I keep my eyes on the door in front of me. The blonde who is damn near naked in the one place that she absolutely should not be, my boyfriend’s room, is still standing there.
“SOREN!?” I scream. I give zero shits about getting caught at this point. I mean my world is about to come crashing down, what’s a little kitchen duty. My mind begins to think of any excuse that Soren could possibly give me for what I have walked into. Maybe the girl's bath is broken. Maybe this is his long lost sister he found here. Maybe he’s mentoring her on body hygiene.

      When Soren finally comes to the door, shirtless and wearing a pair of infantry pants, the frantic look on his face tells me everything that I need to know in a matter of seconds. The betrayal screams from every inch of his body language.
“I can explain,” He says, trying to shove blondie back into his room and shut his door.
“Oh I gotta hear this,” Xaden grumbles. To his credit, Garrick hasn’t spoken a word yet, but he has moved protectively closer to my side.
“No, really, ummm.” Soren begins. “You see what happened was Aurora here, she has been really having a hard time with the fighting stuff and you know I am really good at that. And I have been having a hard time with the classroom stuff, I told you this would happen. So, we’ve been helping each other out.”
I’m still dumbfounded standing there so Xaden backs me up again, “Oh yea I’m sure you’ve been really helpful.”  I manage to think that I kind of like sassy Xaden before it feels like the noose that has been around my throat breaks and I am ready to scream.
“WHAT THE FUCK SOREN? So that explains why this girl is naked in your room? I came here to talk to you because I missed you and this is what I find.”

     Soren has the decency to look guiltily down at the ground, brown hair falling in his eyes. “I mean what did you think was going to happen Mae? It’s not like I had made you any promises or anything? We weren’t engaged.” He glances back up to see my reaction to his words.
“LET ME EAT HIM.” I hear Craobh say.
I’m tempted to let him. Tears sting my eyes as Xaden takes a step towards Soren and I.
“I hate to break up this party and all, but we have to get going Maeve. We’ve drawn enough attention.”
I’m not ready to go though, I haven’t even begun to say what I have to say.
“I cannot believe this, I SAVED myself for you. You led me on for years, telling me you loved me but you weren’t ready to settle down and then I finally think that I’ve won and you pull this. Unbelievable.”
Something comes across Soren’s eyes that looks like anger, “Well maybe that’s the problem Maeve. Perfect little Maeve. Maybe you don’t have enough experience to satisfy me, did you ever think of that? Maybe my needs aren't being met by Lord Holsten’s perfect daughter?”

     Two things happen at the same time. I gasp and take a step back at Soren’s brutal words and Garrick swings a massive fist, connecting with Soren’s nose with a sickening crunch.

“YESSSSSSS, I LIKE THE SECTION LEADER. I WILL LEAVE A GOAT FOR CHRADH IN HIS HONOR.” Craobh tells me.

Soren and I both scream and doors fly open up and down the hallway.
“RUN! NOW!”  Xaden says and gives me a shove for good measure.

      I take off at full sprint and head for the rider’s quadrant. There are shadows all around me, hopefully shielding my identity. I’m struggling to breathe from the sobs that are being wretched from me and the running, but I can hear Garrick’s feet hitting the pavement behind me so I just keep running. I keep running well after we are back on the riders side of Basgaith. I think Garrick screams my name but I keep running. I run through the meeting area, and past the classrooms. I run past Aetos who is apparently the member of leadership walking the halls tonight. He screams my name too but I don’t care. I’m about to break into a million pieces and I can’t do that until I am safely in my room with the door closed.