What Do You Want?

Start from the beginning

"Pfft, a jet-ski maybe? Cruising down the waves as the wind blows into my face. Perfect holiday activity."

"If that's what you really wanted you would've done it already so tell me, what's that one selfish thing you want, what your heart desires?"

Mobius was growing weary, his heart racing. Granted, the alcohol could have contributed to it, it was more likely due to Sylvie slowly getting through to him. In his mind, he had a general idea of what he needed to say. What he desired. Who he desired.

His response was getting defensive and his tone had gone deeper, "I don't want anything, okay."

"Lies, try again. Tell me."

"No."

"Again."

"Just drop it."

"What do you want, Mobius?"

"I just want to end this conversation, go back home and hope I can somehow go back in time and restart everything again! So stop asking!"

Mobius snapped and watched as a smile creeped onto Sylvie's face. She knew that he had successfully gotten under his skin, prompting him to bury his face in his hands in defeat. Despite feeling vulnerable, he had this urge to just pour everything to Sylvie, seeing as she's right there waiting for him to talk. He knew it might be better for him not to bottle it up anymore and confide in somebody.

It took awhile before he was able to get his head out of his hands and start talking. "I'm sorry for raising my voice. Didn't mean for that to happen."

"It's okay. I'm sorry if you really didn't want to talk about it. It's alright if you..." Mobius cuts her off, his face now looking at her direction.

"No, I was just hoping I could have my issues bottled up and then later on in my life I would slowly open them up one by one and figure it all myself but I guess that would also be unhealthy too, right?"

The Loki variant smiled, nodding her head in agreement, "You said you wanted to go back and restart everything. What does that mean?"

"I wished there was another way. Another way where Loki wasn't the one who left. I still don't understand it, why did he do that? There was no reason for him to do so and yet he just ran out there as if he knew that was what he was supposed to do."

"I think we all wished it was different. I was as confused as you but I think we all knew at the end of the day, there was nothing that was going to stop Loki."

"I could've stopped him. I knew there was something off about him for awhile. If I had just done something earlier maybe he wouldn't have left. I don't understand, I thought he was happier now I don't know why he felt this need to sacrifice himself."

Sylvie was starting to notice a pattern. It was Loki leaving that seemed to bother Mobius. Starting to understand the situation, she wanted to be straightforward and ask him a direct question.

"Would it be a far fetch theory for me to assume that what you really want is Loki back?"

The man didn't answer but his silence spoke volumes. As his eyes watered and his throat tightened up, his deepest desires were finally coming to light and both Sylvie and Mobius could see it. He simply wanted the only person with whom he felt happy to return. Even though he might have felt a slight pang of jealousy each time Loki and Sylvie interacted, he was always grateful that the god chose to spend most of his time by his side. Loki's voice, his touches, seeing his little movements, and his smell always brought comfort throughout the storm within. Now that he has left, it feels like the storm is worsening and everything was falling apart.