Protect You

WARNINGS ⚠️: LOKI S2 FINALE SPOILERS!!!

SUMMARY: Being able to look at timelines, he watches over Mobius who was on the sacred timeline, keeping him safe from harm.

[Angst, su1c1de attempt, nsfw]

-

"If you can hear this, give me a sign please." Mobius whispered under his breathe, praying to the god above that he so truly loved and missed. It's been a few weeks since Loki had left to protect the timelines and without him by his side in the TVA, there was nothing else he could do.

Life was much more brighter and fun with the god by his side. Now, the world to him was black and white, colors being washed out and nothing could console him. Despite leaving the TVA to watch his own life from afar, it only made it worse that it wasn't his to live through.

All Mobius could do was roam through the city, silently mourning over the lost of Loki and remembering all the moments they had shared. He found a small motel to live in temporarily, using the money he had took from the TVA to spend his time on Earth sightseeing. The man bought new clothes to replace the old brown office suit he would always wear, as if reinventing himself and moving past his life as an analyst.

In his room, he could only sit in silence which was awfully painful for him, only thinking of what Loki might be doing as of now. He missed the constant yapping from Loki, he missed being happy and okay with things. He felt miserable.

"Loki, are you listening to me?" He sounded like a lunatic talking to himself but he didn't care. He knew the god had to be hearing everything. Every breathe, every footstep he takes, he is aware. Yet, he didn't hear from him at all. His silence was deafening.

"Whatever happened to the Loki that would chatter away at every given moment? Or the Loki that would annoy me with every bit of his trickery. Why did we not have a proper goodbye?" Mobius' voice started breaking, realizing he was slowly becoming vulnerable which was something that rarely happens to him. He rarely cries around people and he keeps it hidden behind closed doors. Now, he's practically tearing up, begging for Loki to be here to witness those tears running down his cheeks.

And when there was still absolutely no response, Mobius gave up. Completely. Entirely. He started packing his bags immediately in a fit of rage, tears not stopping. He got out of the motel and walked to the nearest building he could find and made his way up the stairs that wasn't meant for the public. He climbed higher and higher till he reached the top floor, bag still in his hands while the wind blew his tears away into the air.

Mobius swiftly dropped the bag from his hands, looking out into the city where the lights all shine like stars. He caught a glimpse of a green traffic light blinking and for a second it gave him a shimmer of hope until it turned red, realizing that it was simply a traffic light and nothing more.

Mobius knew what he had to do next, what he wants to do. Being utterly alone is one thing, but living with the awful memories in his mind is even harder. His heart couldn't carry the weight of all his troubles and unhealed trauma. If Loki was here, he probably will have an easier time coping but he has got to let go and accept reality.

And maybe he will. Just not in this life.

This life was one Mobius couldn't see himself continuing. He believed it deserved an early end. Besides, he was getting older, he had no purpose and maybe it was time for him to finally have a break from everything, permanently.

So with that thought, he stood by the edge of the building, taking a huge breath as he watches his feet about to step off.

"In another lifetime." He mutters under his breathe, closing his eyes to brace himself for the jump. However, something else had intervened.