Nelly’s POV

“Your boyfriend wants to talk to you.” Toni came in and tossed his cell at me. “Remember what I told you.” He winked and made a little finger gun at me.

Shaking I put the phone against my ear. “Jason?” I whispered. He sighed loudly on the other end.

“How are you holding out?” he asked, seeming almost relieved.

“I’m fine… But Jason?”

“Yeah baby.”

“I’m scared.” I whispered unable to stop myself from shivering and whimpering.

“Don’t worry I’m doing everything I can to help you. I’m trying sweetie, I won’t let anything happen to you.” He sounded so tired and worried.

“Jason?” I asked again. His voice perked a bit, happy that I wasn’t hanging up on him? “Don’t call me baby.” I stated smiling. He laughed, letting out a little more stress.

“Why not baby?” he asked, his smile widening. “I could call you baby all day baby. You’re my baby.” He repeated over and over. I laughed, leaning against the bed.

“You’re such a loser you know that?” I smirked, thankful for such a normal conversation, something to talk about that didn’t involve guns, killing and the world of crime. He chuckled lightly. “Idiot.” I mumbled.

“You love this idiot.” He stated, I could hear the childish grin on his face.

“You’re too full of your self.” I replied.

We talked forever about anything and everything, except the entire situation I was in. I didn’t want to go into detail and I didn’t want Jason to start getting pissed. I don’t even know why I care so much either. But on the phone and when I had been with him with out kids from school around, he was a whole new person. And I’ll admit I liked this new Jason. He was nice and funny, and made me laugh uncontrollably. It felt like forever since I laughed that hard.

Jason some how brought out the worst and the best in me.

“Nelly I’m really sorry.” He finally sighed.

“Don’t be, well not too much.” I said, letting the last of my laughter die away.

“Why’s that?” he asked curiously.

“Because if you didn’t get me into this much trouble I would never have seen this side of you. I always thought that you were and egotistical stuck up jerk who played with girls, always wanting attention. Like a needy child.”

“Well you’re going to need to give this needy child a lot of attention.” He chuckled.