The Hitman From Outer Space

Artemis dusted the café floors slowly. He had recently opened a new cafe a few months ago, and things were booming for him. It had an assortment of coffees, lattes, and had small snacks as well like croissants and moon cakes. He wanted to bring a little bit of space to people's lives, which is what this did. He felt so happy to be able to do this for himself.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

He put the broom in the closet before opening the windows and flipping the sign, opening the door to start a new day. There were already a line of people, which made his heart happy. He quickly went behind the counter and got his computer ready to take the order. First, a college-student with a computer and notes. She was a new customer.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"Welcome to Moon Brew; Coffee you'll love to the Moon and back, how may I help you?" Artemis asked with a smile.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"Just the comet cappuccino and a croissant, please. It's finals season!" the girl cheered unenthusiastically. Artemis laughed while taking the order.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"Here, full-time students get a discount. Don't tell, or else I'll have to close this place down," Artemis said quietly as he rang up the order. The girl laughed softly.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"I won't, I swear. Thanks so much," she said as she gave him a twenty. Artemis gave her her change with a smile. He loved serving his small town, and giving them all they wished. He couldn't be happier.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

It was about the middle of the day, where everyone had settled and only the occasional moon cake order was made. This wasn't bad, as people also get coffee late at night for overnight traveling. He was sweeping the floors as everyone sat at the tables, when he noticed the trash getting full. Why not empty it? He put the broom to the side and grabbed the bag while going through the back. When he did, he saw someone hiding by the trash bin. The person was in a heavy, black coat, a black fedora, and had everything hidden. The person was carrying a big rifle, aiming at someone from across the street.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"Yes, they're in my sights. Over." Artemis tried to pass by unnoticed, but the bag made crinkle sounds too loud for being sneaky. The person turned, a mask still preventing any view of their face. They quickly jumping off the wall and pointed the gun under Artemis's chin.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"One wrong move and I'll blow your head clean off." Luckily, since they were wearing a mask, he was more likely to be let go.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"Woah! I won't say anything! Just.. let me go," Artemis pleaded. The person slowly dropped the gun away from him while scowling. They dragged him over, holding him tight as they set up their gun again. The thing about it, is that this person smelt good. Strangely good. It wasn't any Axe body spray or Old Spice.. but more like Dove or perfume. Strangely feminine, especially for such an aggressive person. The person set up nicely and shot, the person shot falling to the ground. Everyone crowded as Artemis tried to look away. The person pushed him away and hid the gun, pushing him in the café. What just happened? He went back outside, everyone staring and recording. Artemis looked around in a panic, not sure what to do. More people came in, as they were scared of being outside.