20- Lola: Dresses, dresses and more dresses!

Start from the beginning

"It looks really nice." I shouted after her. She didn't have anybody here with her after all, and surely everybody liked a second opinion.

I hadn't been expecting a reply, but seconds later, a quiet 'thank you' emerged from the cubicle.

"So how do you know Stacy?" I asked Chelsea curiously as she ran her hands over the fabric of the dress with a smile.

"She was after my brother for a long time and tried to go through me to get to him."

It was news to me. I'd never realized that she'd actually liked Ryder as anything more than an easy fling. No wonder she seemed to hate me.

My thoughts were interrupted as Claire exited the cubicle in a dress that made it look like she was drowning in a sea of fabric. Chelsea and I shook our heads simultaneously and she nodded.

"I didn't think so either."

She disappeared back into the room, emerging soon after in the second of the three options. It was no better than the first. Exactly the same color as her skin, it gave her the overall appearance of a sack of potatoes. I shook my head again and once again, she nodded in agreement, turning back into the room.

Anna poked her head around the door of her cubicle, nibbling nervously on her lip. I gestured for her to exit fully, and she smiled shyly before opening the door. The dress brushed along the floor as she emerged.

Claire exited at the same time, wearing the pale gold third option and a dreamy smile. I nodded at both of them as they turned to look at each other.

"You look amazing." They said at the same time, laughing when they realized they'd done it.

"Wait, one second." Something in the accessory section had obviously caught Claire's eye and she dashed there and back, returning with a small necklace which she fastened around Anna's neck. A small green jewel hung from the chain next to a silver bird, hanging delicately into the V-neck of dress's neckline. As much as Claire's excitement for fashion could get annoying at times, nobody could deny that she had a gift.

The three of them went back into change back into their clothes and I sighed in relief. That meant I was next.

"Now for you," Claire confirmed my fears as she exited the booth and I opened my mouth to argue, but they were soon muffled by her hand over my mouth.

"Get in the cubicle, and we'll pass you stuff."

I licked her hand in protest, my nose curling up in disgust. She tasted of sweat.

"Licking my hand is not going to help." She raised her eyebrows and I was shocked. How was it possible that she hadn't even flinched?

Anna and Chelsea chuckled and I blushed, reluctantly entering the cubicle Claire had just come out of and locking the door behind me.