You stared at him in shock before feeling red-hot anger warming your core, removing the feelings of coldness you hadn't even registered were there. What the actual hell?! Your safety was at risk and if you didn't continue to do your job Vanessa would just fire you?! What the heck is wrong with that woman?! There has to be something Charles missed!

"Are you sure there isn't a third option, or-?" You asked and Charles chuckled softly before shaking his head causing you to deflate sadly. "Well, this fucking sucks...Maybe I should just call it quits, but I want to keep working here. I love working with Sun and Moon and I want to learn more about the other Mers as well...What would you do in this situation, Charles?"

"I would probably stay, but I don't have anyone waiting for me off this island. Everyone I care for and love is here, so for me, it would make sense, but I'm not you. You have a family and friends at home, don't you?" He asked and you nodded. "Then you need to think about them too. Do what feels right newbie. You can't do anything more than that, but I can assure you that if you choose to stay Henry and I as well as the Security team here at the Sanctuary will do everything in our power to keep you safe." He said before he gave you a small, side hug and stood up. "I need to leave for a quick meeting about the new Mers, but I will be back soon to make sure you're okay. In the meantime, these guys will stick to you like glue and offer you whatever assistance you might need from them, okay?"

    You nodded with a small, reassuring smile which he returned before waving and heading off to the elevator. You watched him go in and as soon as the doors were closed you buried your face in your hands once more, screaming your frustration into your palms. Just how bad was your luck right now?! Trapped between having to choose to either stay where someone is out to kill you or leave and never return to the place you've been dreaming about since you were a child. God this sucks! You let out one last muffled sigh before getting up and walking towards the lab. I mean, no matter what you chose you might as well see what the scientists were working on today, might get your mind off of this terrible situation for a bit.

    You slowly started walking through the scientists with the Guards close behind, but you soon left after receiving a few glares from said scientists, leaving you with nothing to do once more. Sighing out your annoyance you walked over to the lab where Vanessa told you about your changed deal before grabbing a little tablet underneath the screen where the Mer skeleton used to be, praying that there were some games on it only to find it locked with a numerical password. You grumbled before quickly typing in 1234, not at all optimistic before jumping for joy as the tablet started up. Who knew that it would be so easy to get into a scientist's tablet? Maybe your luck was starting to turn around! You eagerly started looking for games on the tablet, but stopped when you saw a message come in on notifications. Curious as all heck you decided that, hey, if you do choose to leave you might as well go through the messages of the person who caused you to never return here.

    You clicked on the notification which brought you to a chatroom with a person labeled 'Boss' and quickly started glazing through the messages. Overall you didn't find anything particularly interesting until you came to a short conversation from about a week ago which showed the following:

It's been over a year Vanessa and we need those things now! Have you finally fixed them yet?
-Boss

Yes. I was able to finally perfect the project. They can track and check the vitals of the Mer wearing it, but I was also able to install a microphone and a stunner so that if they start showing signs of intelligence we will have proof and if they start acting up we can shock them to subdue them. The only problem is that we need to put them on the two and I don't know how we can do that.
-Vanessa

Well, figure it out! If you can't put those damned collars on those two there will be no way we can keep them here! So you better find a solution or you're out of a job!"
-Boss