(Special!) {Makoto Tachibana}

"I love you too... Makoto."

Fatherhood came naturally to the olive-haired man, to absolutely no one's surprise. He's always been a gentle giant, even more so with your children.

"Are you worried that they'll wake up again?" Makoto asked, glancing at you. "You should go back to sleep, I'll take care of them." He kissed you on the cheek, untangling his arms from you to lean on the edge of the crib.

"You sure? You have work in the morning..."

He shook his head. "With all of the team's upcoming competitions, I won't be here all the time. I want to spend as much time with the kids as possible."

You sighed, but knew he wouldn't budge. You couldn't blame him; as much as he wanted to stay home with you and your children, the team needed their trainer.

"Alright... Let me know if you need anything, ok?" He nodded, his gaze still fixed on your child.

You retreated to your bedroom, jumping into bed and snuggling into the still-warm sheets. Just as you were about to drift into dreamland, a small figure appeared at your doorway.

"Mama?" It was your older child, Ayano, clutching her stuffed orca plush in her small hands.

"Ayano? Is everything ok?" You sat up and waved her over to come sit with you. She ran to jump on the bed next to you.

"Heard noise in the baby's room... I got scared."

You gave her a small hug. "Daddy's in there right now. If you want, we can go check to make sure everything's ok?" She nodded, hugging the plush tightly.

Taking one of her hands in yours, you and your daughter walked down the hall together to the nursery. There, you saw Makoto standing where you left him in front of the crib. He was humming a tune softly.

"Daddy?" Ayano let go of your hand to walk over to him. He turned around and knelt down to her level.

"Who's this? It couldn't be my Ayano, cause she's asleep in her bed right now," he teased.

Ayano giggled. "It's me, Ayano! I heard a noise and was scared for the baby."

He chuckled, "You're already such a great big sister, you know?" Ayano beamed. He continued, "You'll have to take care of them for me when I'm away, alright?"

She gave him a big hug, "Of course!"

You leaned against the doorframe, watching over your little family. Makoto looked over at you and smiled softly. Even after all these years, you still couldn't believe that this was your life.

'How did I get so lucky?'

***

A/N: Welcome back, everyone! It's been... just over 7 years since the last time I added to this story. It was only recently that I checked Wattpad and realized how popular this story was. I wouldn't say I'm back into KnB, or any anime at all really, but I'd love to at least finish the parts requested by people so very long ago. While I know he wasn't requested, I've decided to start with Makoto from Free!, since today's his birthday, and it's been a very long time since I've commemorated that, haha. Currently on my list from dA and Wattpad are: Hanamiya Makoto (sorry guys, wrong Makoto today!), Hayama, Hyuuga, Kiyoshi, Nijimura, and Moriyama. I'm not super familiar with half of these guys, but I will try my best to write some nice fluff like I used to :) Please let me know if you'd like any other RQs for this series, and I'll see what I can do. I don't plan on writing for any of my other series at this time. Thank you for reading both this note and my stories, and I hope you will continue to support me!