Reverse psychology

"Are you quite finished?" Sev inquired impatiently as I reapplied my lipstick. I turned around and answered grimly, "Do I look like I'm finished?" "How should I know? I don't even understand why you put that paint on, to begin with." He retorted. "Well, I'm on patrol tonight." I spoke offhandedly. "Such an adequate reason to ruin your face." He remarked sarcastically. I grinned as I noticed his attitude changed throughout these fifteen minutes. Not soon after, I finished with my makeup routine and headed outside to hunt for naughty children (in case someone actually sneaks around). Before I got the chance to exit the room, something pulled me firmly. 

"Yes?" I beamed uncaringly. 

"It may slip my mind, but why have you initially wanted to see me?" Severus asked as he fixed his gaze on me. 

"You want an honest answer or to lie? Trust me, a lie sounds more plausible." I answered sorrowfully. He looked me with discomfort as he spoke. "Then lie to me." I was taken aback at his response. He never asked me to do such a thing. I smiled cynically as I replied. 

"So I can torture you, of course. You know perfectly well how much you irritate me." 

"Unacceptable lie, you ought to do better than that." I took a deep breath as I frowned at his cold mannerism.

 "Because I hate you." 

"Wrong. You're not convincing enough."

 I bit my lip in frustration as he tighten the grip. 

"In order to fulfill my sick desire-"

 "Wrong, again." He pulled me tighter as I clench my teeth. 

"So I can see the pain in your eye-" 

"Not good enough." He exclaimed grimly as he squeezed my hand even tighter. 

"Okay, what do you want me to say?!" I yelled out as I lost my temper; at the same time I struggled to get released from his grasp. Unexpectedly, he brutally pulled me from the entrance and put me onto his bed. "Lie to me, Darlene." He requested as he raised his voice. I didn't even know how to react. I was absolutely stunned by his approach.

 "Severus, I-" 

 "Quiet." He hissed venomously. I wasn't actually scared, but his behavior was starting to make me feel uneasy. "Stop it Severus!" I screamed out defensively. At this point, I genuinely started to panic as he jumped on top of me. His immense strength was quite astonishing to me. "You wanted an animal, you've got one." He spoke out ruthlessly. We wrestled on the bed as I screamed at him to stop. Just then, all in one moment; everything stopped.

 The slap echoed in the room. 

'Till that second, I got up wrathfully as the tear shed down my face. "What is wrong with you?" I barely managed to whisper as he held his hand onto his cheek, where I slapped him. Never in my life have I experienced something like this. Sure, I've had far worse fights with Chris, but I was drunk every time. Being all sobered up, this occurrence made my stomach twist in disgust and fear. 

"Not so tough when the roles are reversed, are you now?" 

"F*ck you!" I shoot out as I quickly wiped the small tear from my face. If I wasn't overwhelmed by the shock, I'd have strangled him on the spot. 

"Do you still have those silly little feelings for me, girl?!" He solicited sternly. After his saying, I realized how I constantly driven him mad by my behavior. My conduct was far worse than Chris'. The whole fuss that I was fixated about disappeared in the precise moment as the fault began to sink its teeth into me. Only now I have seen how much Sandra destroyed me. I have completely forgotten how to approach the people I care about. 

"I think I'll leave." I murmured as I turned my head at the door. 

 "Darlene, wait." Severus pointed out. "Just leave me. Your little reverse psychology worked. I won't hassle you again." I said not even bothering to face him. Unexpectedly I felt a pair of arms wrapping around my waist with feeling a slight pressure on my shoulder where he put his head. 

 "It is such a difficulty for me to tell you this, but I really care about you. Unfortunately, you... Are aware of the whole situation in which I'm in. You know very well that you have no future with me." He told me caringly. 

"What are you trying to say with your stupid statement? To f**king agree with you? To go back to where I f**king come from? To acknowledge the role of a housewife to daddy's boy who 'earned' his position thanks to my uncle?" I slowly raised the questions as the detestation was sensed in my every spoken sentence. Now I was more turned towards him as he examined my features. After a few minutes he broke the silence. "What is your exact assignment, here?" I chuckled at his query. It would have been odd if he didn't catch on, by now. "We have more similar path than you think, dear. The only difference is that you have protection from Albus, while I have my ministerial immunity." He soften the gaze as he received the long-awaited answer. 

"But why you? You're too young." He mumbled sympathetically. "Wouldn't you like to know?" I replied dryly. He scowled, yet mentioned to 'go guard the corridors of the potential law-breakers'. I figured as much I mumbled as I finally went out of his room. 

"Darlene." He called me a bit hesitantly. 

"Take care of yourself." I smiled and pecked his lips quickly. Shortly after I headed for the top floor, leaving him stunned. 

----

"Put that cigarette out, you're poisoning me." Some fat portrait bothered when I smoked on the floor while holding my illuminating wand on the other hand. I put a smoke in my mouth so I could stand up. As soon as I got up, I put out the tobacco directly in the mouth of that thick cow and laughed at her agony.