Dada was a little surprised to see both his best friends enter his room after dinner, but he left whatever he was doing knowing that they must have a reason for coming so unexpectedly.

Sachin Paaji asks, "Dada, ek baat poochni thi agar tu bura naa maane toh?"

Dada replies, "Bol naa re Sachin. Kya baat hai?"

Jammy Bhai asks, "We want to know why are you giving MS so many chances? Tune aisa kya dekha hai uss ladke me jo aur kisi wicketkeeper me nahi dikha tha?"

Dada replies in Bengali, "That kid has a special kind of fire inside him. Baahar se dikhne me shaant hai lekin uss ladke me bahut dum hai."

Sachin Paaji and Jammy Bhai understand what he said since they had learnt the language to be able to talk without letting their juniors know what was being said.

Continuing the Bengali conversation, Jammy Bhai says, "Are you sure that he still has that fire? He hasn't had the best time on the field till now."

Dada smiles and replies, "Just give him some time and I'm confident that he'll announce himself in style."

Sachin asks, "Itna bharosa hai tujhe?"

Dada confidently replies, "Tu dekhna Sachin. Mujhe poora bharosa hai uss ladke par. Bahut dum hai usme."

His best friends can't help but smile upon seeing the amount of confidence their captain had on their new player.

~~~~~~~

Unknown to them, the kid in question had heard the entire conversation from outside the room.

He had gone out for a walk after seeing his name in the team list once again despite his string of poor performances.

The kid just couldn't understand why he was getting so many chances but listening to the amount of confidence his captain had in him gave him the confidence boost that he didn't even know that he needed.

He mentally thanked his friend for helping him get a job in Kharagpur because he wouldn't have understood what was being said otherwise.

At that moment the kid vowed to prove that his captain's trust in him was not misplaced.

~~~~~~~

During the next match, the captain surprised the new kid by announcing that he would be going to bat up the order.

The kid looked baffled as he asks, "Par aap kahaan batting karoge?"

Dada replies with a smile, "Main chaar pe chala jaaunga. Tu taiyaar hoja jaldi se."

The confused kid immediately got up and followed his captain's orders, before waiting for his turn to bat.

That was the day Mahendra Singh Dhoni announced his arrival in International Cricket by scoring his maiden century.

After he got out, his captain gave him a huge hug before ruffling his hair and sending him inside to change.

~~~~~~~

During the victory celebration, Jammy Bhai took a seat next to the man of the hour after noticing that he was sitting alone in a corner.

After a few moments of silence, Jammy Bhai asks, "Aise akele kyu baithe ho?"

Mahi replies, "Mujhe baakiyon ki tarah party karna nahi pasand hai."

Jammy Bhai nods and says, "Same here. Waise ek baat pooch sakta hu?"

Mahi replies, "Of course. Aapko poochne ki zaroorat nahi hai."

Jammy Bhai smiles and asks, "How do you keep yourself so motivated? Tumhari jagah koi aur hota toh shayad usne ummeed chod di hoti team me rehne ki."

Mahi shyly rubs the back of his neck and replies, "Sach poochhe toh last match ke baad mujhe laga ki ab toh pakka mera career khatam ho jaayega. I could not understand why I was getting so many chances when I was not doing much. Kal raat ko bhi yehi sab soch raha tha jab maine aapko Dada se baat karte hue suna. After hearing that Dada still believes in me, I decided that if not for myself then I have to prove myself for him."

Jammy Bhai asks, "His belief means so much to you?"

Mahi smiles and replies, "After my family and close friends, he's the first person to believe so much in my ability. Main bas unka yeh bharosa nahi todna chaahta hu."

Jammy Bhai smiles and says, "Dada hamesha apne team par bharosa rakhta hai. I also know that you want to make him proud and trust me when I say that you'll get a lot of chances to do just that. Afterall your career has just started."

Mahi replies, "I hope so"

Just then some of the youngsters came and pulled Mahi away while Sachin Paaji and Dada sat down next to their best friend.

Sachin Paaji asks, "Kya baat ho rahi thi hamare naye star se?"

Jammy Bhai chuckles and replies, "Oh nothing special. Dada ka ek aur fan bad gaya hai apni team me."

His best friends look confused, so Jammy Bhai explains, "Last match ke baad yeh ladka give up karne wala tha lekin kal raat ko hamari baat sunne ke baad usne decide kiya ki Dada ke liye ek achhi performance dene ki koshish karega."

Sachin nods while Dada asks, "Ek second usne kal hamari baate suni?"

Jammy Bhai nods and Dada continues, "How did he even understand what we said? Hum toh Bengali me baat kar rahe the."

Sachin Paaji looks confused while a look of realisation appears on Jammy Bhai's face.

Dada and Sachin Paaji throw him a questioning glance while Jammy Bhai replies, "I guess we need to be careful of what we say now because this kid clearly understands Bengali pretty well."

Sachin Paaji says, "We need to make a new secret code language now. These kids can't know what we're saying all the time."

Dada replies, "You know what this actually explains why MS looked annoyed when the Bangladesh players tried to sledge us. I just thought he was annoyed because of their chatter but if he understands Bengali then he definitely knew exactly what was being said."

Jammy Bhai says, "Well Dadi, I guess this means that you need to control your tongue from now on. No more Bengali curses when things don't go our way."

Dada shoots his best friend an annoyed look while Sachin Paaji bursts out laughing.

~~~~~~~

Probably not my best work but I really felt like writing a little something about this

Doesn't he look super cute when he's talking about his Dada?

Let me know what you guys think ✍🏻

Please vote