..30..

"Riley."

"Riley, wake up."

The girl sighed and opened her eyes, slightly startled to see Percy staring at her. Riley squinted, the bright sunlight burning her eyes a little.

"What is it, Perce?" She asked quietly.

"Can I borrow Misty?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah," Riley answered and lay her head back down on Fred.

"Where is she?" He asked.

"Dunno. In a tree, probably." she mumbled.

"Can you get her?" Percy asked awkwardly.

"Just call for her, Percy." Riley groaned, growing more irritated.

"I tried, but she didn't come." The boy sighed. "Please, Riley." Percy asked sweetly.

"Fuck sake. Fine." She rolled her eyes and pushed herself up off Fred carefully. She felt Bandit scurry up her back and to her shoulder.

As she looked around the room, she saw everyone was still sound asleep. It couldn't have been any later than 7am. Two hours of sleep wasn't too bad. She would have had to get up to feed Bandit soon anyway.

Riley tucked the blanket back over Fred and ushered Percy out of the room. She rolled her eyes and chuckled slightly when she felt Percy. He was a little anxious and excited.

As the two trailed down the stairs quietly, Percy repeatedly thanked Riley in a hushed voice.

"Why do you need Misty? Is Errol okay?" Riley asked softly.

"He's fine. He is just hopeless." Percy explained.

"What do you need to send?" She asked, intrigued.

"It's my cover letter for the Ministry." Percy smiled.

"Ooo, how exciting," Riley beamed as they trailed into the kitchen. "Get the kettle on Percy." she chuckled as she opened the front door.

Percy nodded happily. Quickly filling the kettle and preparing two cups for tea.

Riley poked her head out of the door and whistled loudly.

"You gonna sit outside with me since you woke me up?" Riley asked cockily.

"I suppose," Percy smiled. "Can you fix my hair?"

"Now you're asking too much." Riley joked. Percy laughed slightly and shook his head. Riley grabbed her bag, off the pegs of the coat hook, and rummaged around in it until she found the colour changing remedy. Slinging her bag over her shoulder, she followed Percy outside. She filled up the pippet and sat at the small handmade wooden table.

"Take all of this." she ordered softly as she handed Percy the pippet. He nodded and sat opposite her, placing down the cups of tea on the table.

Misty perched on the edge of a vegetable patch waiting for Riley to tell her what to do next. Riley placed Bandit on the table in front of her and ushered Misty to stand on her shoulder, fishing out a treat from her bag to give her.

"Let me read this letter then," Riley smiled.

"N-No," Percy stuttered as he gave Riley back the pippet.

"Oh, go on, Perce." She chuckled.

"I've sealed it now," He said, gesturing to the wax seal.

"You and I both know that you have another copy," Riley said knowingly. "Maybe one you have scribbled all over." She suggested as she placed her sunglasses on. A feble attempt to block out some of the early morning light that was blinding her.