Chapter 03: Progression

December 20th, 2023, 12:05pm.

Someday soon we all will be together,
if the fates allow.
Until then, we'll have to muddle through,
somehow,
so have yourself a merry little Christmas now.

"Have yourself a merry little Christmas"
by Frank Sinatra.

"Fangs" Sweat Pea mumbled, nudging him. The man groaned, rolling around "Wake up, it's freezing"

"It's fine, I just want to sleep" He grumbled, pulling the jacket tighter around himself — Sweat Pea's jacket that he had thrown over him.

"No, you'll freeze. Get up, come on"

Sweat Pea sighed when Fangs still wouldn't move and just started kissing his whole face. Fangs whined, trying to turn his face away.

"Peaaaa"

"I'll only stop once you get up"

"Fine" Fangs groaned, blindly pushing Sweat Pea away from him. He groaned another time, eyes fluttering open as he turned to the door again. He unbuckled himself before trying to stand up. Sweat Pea had to support him since his legs had fallen asleep for some time and they were stiff, so he therefore couldn't really walk right away.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, thanks" Fangs pulled the jacket closer again, shivering, before starting to trudge to the front door. He found the door locked, so he rang the doorbell and had to wait until someone released them from the cold — it was Veronica, who pulled them both in inside with a hug.

"My, you must be freezing. I told Jughead to wake you up almost two hours ago" She said, feeling their faces.

"It's fine. Where is he anyways?"

"Oh, no idea. Somewhere outside, probably trying to get himself killed" Veronica mumbled, though then ushered the two in the kitchen before asking if they wanted coffee, cocoa or tea. Sweat Pea chose a coffee, Fangs a tea.

"Why is Jug gone?"

"Because he found out that Archie is staying with us"

"Archie??"

"Pea" Fangs whispered, grabbing his arm and squeezing it softly "No need to yell"

"Archie Andrews?"

"Yes, that Archie"

"Why?"

"Because he's our friend?"

"You do remember that Jughead was heartbroken after last Christmas, because of him, right?"

"Yes, I do but what boys do, they do" Veronica shrugged, handing the two mugs to the men. Sweat Pea huffed, though stayed quiet as he went to sip on his coffee. Veronica seemed to think this as the end of the conversation and headed out of the kitchen.

They didn't stay alone for long though. Soon a redhead walked in the kitchen, went to open one of the shelves and got out a cup of instant noodles. He got some water to boil to warm them up before he turned around to find Sweat Pea eyeing him. His eyes didn't waver upon noticing it either.