Chapter 11: Ruin me

December 25th, 2023, 6:01pm.

Your promise
must be the reason
the happy season is here,
so l'm doing
my Christmas dreaming
a little early this year.

"Christmas dreaming"
by Frank Sinatra.

The doorbell rang in the middle of Elf. The group had previously been in the living room together, though Jughead and Veronica got up immediately, smiling excitedly.

"What's going on?" Fangs asked, leaning forward.

"We've got a present for our favorite girl"

Betty quirked an eyebrow at that.

"You two? What do you have planned?"

"Nothing? You just need to answer the door"

"What's behind that door?"

"Someone that you really shouldn't let wait out there in the cold for too long. Go on then" Jughead ushered her over to the door, still smiling.

"What's going on?" Betty asked, chuckling. The two only stopped pushing her once she stood in front of the door. Betty hesitated, the doorbell ringing again, though then opened the front door.

"What the-" Betty froze as she saw who stood in front of her. She had olive skin, a shade darker than Veronica's. Her black hair was tied into a bun, hiding almost all of the blonde strands. Her chocolate brown eyes widened at the sight of her, her mouth spreading in a wide smile.

"How did... How did you get here...?"

"Betty" The other woman called, getting her body to move again. She ran towards her, flinging her arms around Betty's body and lifting up her legs, so that Betty was carrying her. Her frame was, similar to Jughead's, rather thin, though not in an unhealthy way.

"I thought that you couldn't come because your family needed help with rebuilding their house after the...?" Betty asked in disbelief, her face buried in the other woman's chest.

"Well, I saw how devastated you were after you found out that she couldn't come over for Christmas" Jughead shrugged, scratching the back of his neck "I couldn't just not do something, you know?"

"Especially if the problem was money" Veronica added. Betty pulled away from the woman, though only enough to be able to see her.

"They paid your flight?"

"Yeah, to and back"

"I cant believe this" Betty kissed the women before letting her down gently, though only to fling herself now — pulling Jughead and Veronica closer.

"Thank you two so much"

"So the surprise worked?"

"Yes!" Betty chuckled, pulling away. She kissed both on the cheek, though then took the woman's hand, pulling her inside to introduce her.

"Guys," Betty called, standing in the living room "this here is Carmen, my girlfriend"

"Carmen?"