𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

' Kill or Be Killed '

( season 2, episode 5 )

BEFORE THE ARRIVAL of the Salvatore brothers in Alexandra Gilbert's life, her world unfolded with a sense of tranquility, seemingly untouched by the supernatural currents that would soon surge through her existence. She navigated the typical challenges of high school, her worries centered around exams, social dynamics, and the ordinary struggles of adolescence. The supernatural realm was an abstract concept, safely confined within the pages of fiction.

However, the arrival of Damon and Stefan Salvatore shattered the illusion of normalcy, plunging Alexandra into a world where shadows whispered of ancient vendettas, and danger lurked in the inky depths of the night. As she delved into the mysteries surrounding the Salvatores, Alexandra found herself entangled in a web of vampire lore and family secrets that would redefine the very fabric of her reality.

With the Salvatore brothers came a cascade of unforeseen challenges, the weight of which rested heavily on Alexandra's shoulders. Suddenly, her worries extended beyond the confines of typical teenage concerns. The looming threat of losing her family to the supernatural forces that encircled them became an ever-present specter in her daily life. The ordinary concerns of adolescence paled in comparison to the heightened stakes of protecting her loved ones from the darkness that now sought to infiltrate their lives.

The once carefree girl, whose worries were confined to the realm of mundane teenage struggles, now faced the stark reality that her family's safety hung in the delicate balance between the human world and the supernatural unknown. The Salvatores, with their enticing charm and cryptic histories, had become both a source of protection and a catalyst for a life where the stakes were undeniably higher. Alexandra's journey had transformed from the ordinary to the extraordinary, and the tranquil days of innocence before the Salvatores arrived seemed like a distant, nostalgic dream.

ALEXANDRA looked down at her phone briefly as she put away the last of her dishes, which was easy considering she is the only one who lives in the house anymore, she paused as the sad thought sunk in before she shook her head to shake them away. Her fingers brushed over the screen of her phone as she went through her contacts before landing on Damon's number, she lifted the phone and pressed it against her head.

"Lex, finally you called me, where are you?", Damon blurted out as soon as the call started, Alex rolled her eyes slightly at his words,

"I told you I had to do some cleaning, I'll be there soon.", Alex retorted, she pinched the phone between her shoulder and ear as she dried off her hands completely.

"Yea, well, I didn't think you'd take this long. Stefan and Elena are fighting and Stefan is trying to negotiate peace on my behalf.", Damon explained through the phone's speaker, Alex could hear slight chatter through the phone from the Park.

"I'm on my way now, don't do anything stupid till I get there, pendejo.", Alex remarked, she hung up the call as she hopped into her car. It took her all of 10 minutes to arrive at the park due to her getting stuck behind an older couple, once there she exited the vehicle and walked to one of the canopies where they had the food and drinks. It didn't take Alex long to spot Damon amidst the crowd and walked over quickly, she saw him standing beside Stefan.