𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

"Death smiles at us all; all we can do is smile back

"Death smiles at us all; all we can do is smile back."

Marcus Aurelius

A SHRILL CRY shatters the silence of the home, accompanied by the soft weeping of a mother who has just given birth to a baby girl. The infant, Alexandra Faye Gilbert, rests in the arms of the midwife. Alexandra's bloodline is deeply rooted in Mystic Falls history for generations on her father's side but veiled in mystery on her mother's. Following her birth, a shockwave reverberates through the town, yet no one can pinpoint its origin. Scarlet magic sweeps over the town, fading as swiftly as it appeared. Since that night, the parents vow to shield their daughter's innocence from the lurking shadows.

ALEXANDRA has harbored a fear of death for as long as she can remember, praying it would spare her family. This hope is shattered at the age of 19 when she loses her parents in a fatal car accident that never should have occurred. From that day onward, she inhabits an empty house devoid of life's warmth, a house that will never embrace her parents or cradle them in its loving atmosphere. The only time she will hold them again is when she herself draws her final breath, embracing death.

ALTHOUGH Alex will never have her parents again, she finds solace in her loving Aunt Jenna, despite their lack of blood or marital relation. Jenna takes Alex under her wing, providing a shoulder to cry on and a warm embrace. She helps Alex emerge from the dark place that had consumed her.

She will soon uncover the secrets her mother concealed and the circumstances surrounding her parents' deaths. Whether the truth shatters her or shapes her into someone entirely new is a journey she must navigate.

i. sorry for the short prologue, it's meant to serve as an explanation of my oc's connection to the Mystic group.

ii. hope you enjoyed reading, i'll be publishing chapters soon!

word count - 327

© elqsiian

all rights reserved