| Nawabzaada |

Zindagi, hai kitni haseen

Hai phir bhi kahin ajab tanhayi

Kesi ye veeraniyan

The fields of Roshan Nagar were a mesmerising sight as Mirchi Khan flew over them, flapping his multicoloured wings as he made the journey from Meerab's cottage to Hira's house in the village.

Roshan Nagar's magnificent mahal was visible in the distance, the ancient white marble building standing on an elevated hill with a magnificent balcony in the front that gave a great view of the town below.

The note rested securely around his neck as Mirchi Khan gracefully glided through the sky, helped along by the wind until he reached Hira's place. The house was a medium sized home in the residential part of town, a decently designed building, nothing too fancy or extravagant, indicative of a middle class family's residence.

The window to Hira's room was, as usual, open, and Mirchi Khan flew in like he owned the place. He announced his arrival with a high pitched, almost ear piercing noise, which had Hira jumping in her seat as she sat on the small swing in the corner by the window, relaxing and enjoying the morning with a face mask and two slices of cool cucumbers on her eyes.

The cucumbers fell as she jumped, eyes wide as she observed the bird that continued to fly in circles around the room.

"Mirchi ki bache!" She screamed, huffing in annoyance as the macaw finally landed on her bed.

"Khan! Mirchi Khan naam hai mera, izzat se naam lou" he screeched, earning himself another annoyed huff from Meerab's friend.

"Izzat ke laik hou tum?" She shot back, causing the bird to glare at her, his eyes narrowing into thin black and white slits before he let out a shrill scream and she stuck her tongue out.

"Kyun aaye hou?" She then asked, getting up to retrieve the wasted cucumber from the floor and discarding it. Music played from her little portable sound system that she turned off as Mirchi Khan spoke,

"Meerab ne paighaam bhejwaya hai" he informed, stretching his yellow feathered neck to reveal the note tied around it. Hira scrunched up her nose and her brows furrows in confusion as she eyed the rolled piece of paper, carefully untying it from around the parrot's neck and unrolling it to reveal what was written inside.

"Call bhi tou karsakti thi..." she mumbled mindlessly only to jump once more when Mirchi Khan screamed again,

"Phone ka bill tera baap dega?" he asked defensively, clawing at her shirt to irritate her. The action made her wave her hand and shoo him away, but Mirchi Khan only flew away to sit on her deck, observing the machine like it was something very unique, something the had never seen before.

"Mai Meerab ko call karti houn. Mirchi Khan, tum jao yahan se"
Hira said, putting the note aside as she picked up her phone.

"Mere ko bhi sunna hai" he squeaked, attempting to put one of his thin claws through the little holes in the deck's speakers.

"Amma agayien na meri, tou jootei mar ke bhagana hai unhon ne tumhe idhar se" Hira said, reminding him of her mother's fear of basically anything that wasn't human.

"Izzat hi nahi hai koi apni. Udhar Ayla ne Harib ko ghar se nikala, idhar tu mujhe nikal rahi hai. Tch" the bird cried dramatically, but once again, Hira only rolled her eyes, giving him a blank look as she motioned towards the window. With a dramatic screeching sound, Mirchi Khan flapped his wings again and flew off, allowing Hira to finally call her friend in peace.