Chapter 11 - Shave And A Haircut

Start from the beginning

But Eddie didn't want to hear it as he angrily exclaimed, "Sit down!"

Roger quickly hopped up on a soap box but continued to speak, "You two don't understand. Those people needed to laugh."

"Yeah. And when they're done laughing, they're gonna call the cops!"

"That guy, Angelo, would rat on you for a nickel." (Y/N) explained, looking at Roger with worry.

"Not Angelo. He'd never turn me in."

"Why? 'Cause you made him laugh?" Eddie questioned.

"That's right. A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Why, sometimes in life, it's the only weapon we have. Laughter is the most important- "

"Ssshhh." Eddie cut Roger off.

A red light began to flash and a buzzing alarm went off within the room. In the old days, during prohibition, it would have been a way to warn the rum runners inside of a police raid. But now, it was to warn them of something much worse.

...

Outside the rotgut room, Delores was pressing the button, warning Eddie, (Y/N) and Roger as she hissed to the loud patrons, "Ix-nay. Ix-nay!"

They all quickly quieted down as Judge Doom walked in, his mere presence filling the bar with dread.

"I'm looking for a murderer..." He announced menacingly while the weasels giggled evilly behind him.

Everyone in the bar watched him closely but said nothing. They were all just trying their best not to look nervous or suspicious.

Meanwhile, Roger, (Y/N) and Eddie looked out over the bar through the spy hole, wanting to see what would happen. They watched as Doom made his way forward and turned to a table full of patrons.

"A rabbit." He stated but it caused everyone at the table to instantly leave. "A Toon rabbit," He added as he walked over to a dwarf patron, using him as a size reference as he pushed down on his head to make him bend down on one knee, "about yea...big."

"Look." Delores called out to him as he made his way over to the chalk board where specials were written down. "There's no rabbit here so don't harass my customers."

"I didn't come here to harass. I came here to reward." Doom announced.

Doom walked up to the one-armed soldier and grabbed his empty sleeve, using it as a way to wipe away what was written on the chalk board. He then took up a piece of chalk and began writing his own thing, making it screech horribly and caused both patrons in the bar and Roger hiding in the rotgut room to cover their ears or wince at the terrible sound. 

When he finished, the board read: 'RABBIT DIP $5000'.

Angelo whistled with interest at the high amount. One could almost see the dollar signs dancing in his eyes.

"Hey! I've seen the rabbit." He spoke up.

"Where?"

...

"Ya see?" Eddie hissed at Roger, who just shook his head in horror and disbelief.

(Y/N) held him close to her in a comforting manner, trying to ease him, while they all continued to wait and see what would happen next with bated breaths.

...

"Where?" Doom repeated.

"He's right here in the bar." Angelo confidently stated before putting his arm out around empty air, as if he were holding someone. "Well, say hello...Harvey."