Chapter 231: Return Of An Old Friend

Xie Jing Xing only left ten short days but the days seemed to be much slower than he was present. It was obviously still the same Prince Rui residence but it did not seem right.

The Mo Yun Army left a few guards in Prince Rui residence to defend the place. Tie Ye followed along with Xie Jing Xing and so did Gao Yang. Ji Furen did not let Ji Yu Shu go since the Ji family only have a single seedling but knew knew that Yu Ji Shu had an unaffected personality that he left a letter and mixed with the expedition troops and left. When Ji Furen discovered it and wanted to chase, Ji Daren held her back, "Ji Yu Shu is impetuous and ignorant. It is good for him to tempted to sharpen his mind."

And thus in the big Long Ye, most of the people that had good relations with SHen Miao seemed to have left overnight. Gao Yang left so the Gao family send over his younger junior over to look after Ye Hong Guang. Ye Hong Guang was still not awake and just continued sleeping.

Luo Tan seemed to have grown up a lot overnight and no longer provoked or tease others all day or even hang around the streents. Occasionally she would stop and care about the situation at Ming Qi's side. From the beginning, Luo Tan was entangled in the war between Great Liang and Ming Qi thus Shen Miao told her the entire situations and happenings in Min Qi. That included Fu Xiu Yi, Emperor Wen Hui and also included the suppression of the Luo and Shen families. The more she listened, the quieter she became and afterwards she no longer said anything.

Shen Miao did not console her as there are some matters where one would slowly understand clearly. It was only sooner or later.

The days became much quieter and there were no signs of panic within the commoners in Long Ye. Perhaps they were particularly confident with the soldiers that went for the expedition or perhaps were used to the peace for so many years that they had no recollection of war and thus were not afraid.

Nowadays Shen Miao and those noble families's Furens had good relations. This was naturally because of her deliberate enthusiasm and these Furens were also very smart. The Imperial family's biggest threats, the Lu and Ye families, had disappeared from the living and currently only the Imperial family was powerful in Great Liang. Prince Rui residence was related to the Imperial family and Shen Miao had good relations with Empress Xian De, so naturally they were in a hurry to please her.

Speaking of Empress Xian De, Shen Miao would often enter the Palace to visit her. Shen Miao liked to chat with Empress Xian De as Empress Xian De was an extremely talented female and Shen Miao had a wide exposure of knowledge due to her past life of being an Empress. When both of them chat, they could talk about anecodotes all the way to the current situation and their opinions were unexpectedly fitting. Empress Xian De also liked her and everytime they chat, time seemed to go by very quickly.

On this day, Shen Miao wanted to go out again as she planned to enter the Palace to visit Empress Xian De.

The more one enter autumn, the more would one feel the cold. Tang Shu came in with a bowl of goat milk, most likely because Xie Jing Xing left, Tang Shu was just too free every day. Other than being occasionally instructed by Shen Miao to manage the stores, most of the time he had nothing to do. Thus he would think of ideals for meals and even said, "When Master comes back and see Furen become thinner or weaker, he would definitely blame this old servant. It is better to let this old servant make some nutritious meals that will make Furen's health better when taken."

Jing Zhe said, "This goat milk smelled really fragrant."

"If it were other families' goat milk, it would not be that sweet." Tang Shu said, "Furen drink this bowl before going to the Palace so that one's heart would be warm and would not catch a cold during the journey." He then took a look outside, "These days the weather has turned cold."