Part 8 - Dream come true

Start from the beginning

" Teek hai Akshara.. it's too late ..let's sleep" Abhinav said walking to his side of the bed.

" Not there..here" Akshara held his hand to stop him and showed him the diwan near the window.

" You want me to sleep on the diwan?" Abhinav asked slightly confused.

" Yes " she replied

'Maybe she is still angry on me' Abhinav thought but was too tired to ask. He took a pillow and sheet and settled himself on the diwan.

Akshara looked at her husband and rolled her eyes .

" Move" she pushed him a little and climbed on next to him , she pulled out his left hand . She placed her head on shoulder and her hand on his chest.

Abhinav's heartbeat went through the roof before calming down. Akshara sensed his reaction from her hand on his heart and was content on the impact her closeness did to him.

Abhinav looked down at her.

His Akshara in his arms.

It was a dream come true. He slowly closed his left arm and placed it on her shoulder as she nuzzled closer to him.

Both drifted off to deep sleep , the most peaceful one they had in their lifetime.

**************************************

The Goenkas were all assembled for breakfast at the dining table.

" Swarna, where is Akshara?" Manish questioned looking around the table.

" Seems like she hasn't woken up yet.. she hasn't come down since morning " Swarna replied

" Aree... the time is close to 9 and she hasn't woken up yet ? Is she ill? " Manish asked worried.

" Mumma hasn't woken up yet?" Abhir who had just reached the dining table asked to which Swarna nodded in a no.

" I will go and check on her" Abhir said and ran to her room .

**************************************

Abhir found the front door closed but not locked, he knocked twice but to no response.

He pushed the door slightly as the door opened from behind .

His eyes first went to the bed which was empty, he then scanned the room and saw Akshara and Abhinav sleeping on the couch cuddling each other.

Akshara slowly woke up as she heard some creaking sound . She slightly blushed at their sleeping position. She checked the time on her mobile which was beside Abhinav.

'8:57' the phone displayed.

" Abhinav wake up, look how late it already is"She hurriedly woke up Abhinav.

" Aree.. Akshara.. let me sleep.." he said and moved closer to Akshara for warmth.

" Abhinav.. it's 9'oclock .. wake up.. what will everyone think?" Akshara again pulled him up.

Abhinav woke up at an instant hearing the time. He rubbed his eyes and turned to see Akshara when his eyes widened and he looked like a deer in caught in headlights.

Akshara saw Abhinav's reaction , he seemed to focusing on something behind her. She turned to see Abhir standing leaning on the doorframe with his arms crossed.

" Nikke ji.."

" Abhir..."

Both of them tried to find a plausible explanation

Abhir walked up to them

" Papa..yesterday you said you had to catch a train so you cannot sleep with me.. but you just said all that so you can sleep with mumma? Mumma, is this why you never said anything to stop him ? I am katti with both of you " Abhir asked innocently

Abhinav and Akshara's eyes widened more if possible. Both knew that eventhough Abhir had asked innocently, if he says the same before everyone then it will interpreted in other way. Akshara looked at Abhinav for help who was giving her a 'I told you so' look.

" Nikke ji..it's not like that beta...actually I left for station last night but my train got canceled so I came back and as I was so tired I just slept off" Abhinav said hoping Abhir would buy his reason.

" Haan Abhir.. papa left and came back so late only.. that's why we didn't want to wake you up" Akshara added

" Theek hai... I'm so happy that papa is here .." he climbed on the diwan and hugged them both.

" Aree i forgot...Buddy sent me to call you for breakfast. Both of you come soon " Abhir informed and left the room before they could stop him.

" Abhinav, we have to go down quickly before Abhir says anything. No time for bath... let's just freshen up and leave" Akshara said , Abhinav nodded agreeing to her.

**************************************

" Champ, where is mumma? " Kairav who was the first to notice Abhir coming downstairs asked worriedly .

" They are coming " he said confusing everyone.

" They?" Swarna asked as Abhir pointed towards the staircase.

Akshara and Abhinav were sprinting down the stairs as fast as they can and saw the whole family looking at them suprised.

" Abhinav Ji aap..? " Manish questioned suprised to see him there.

" Haan Bade papa ji.. wo.. mei.." Abhinav started to fumble

" Buddy. papa's train got canceled. So he came here last night " Abhir explained the reason told to him

" Train cancel hogaya?" Manish asked

" Haan ..Ji.. Bade papa" Abhinav said going with Abhir's explanation.

" Jamai sa, Akshara.. come sit .. " Swarna pulled out chairs for both of them and served them breakfast

" Waise Abhinav Ji, when did you come home? I was working at hall all night.. I never saw you coming" Kairav questioned genuinely confused.

Abhinav choked on his food at the question and started to cough. Akshara gently slapped his head and gave him a glass of water.

" Wo bhaiya.. he came in so late.. I only opened the door for him. I think you left by then" Akshara came to his rescue.

" Ok ok.. " Kairaav dropped the topic

After few moments , Abhinav looked at Akshara signaled with his eyes to which she nodded

" Bade papa.. wo.. actually I have decided to go back to Kasauli.. " Akshara said looking at Manish.

" Sachchi Mumma? " Abhir asked jumping in joy

" Haan betu.. we will go to Kasauli tomorrow " Akshara replied to an thrilled Abhir.

" Heyyy.. " he kissed both his parents.

Manish and Swarna looked at each other and passed a knowing smile. They were now certain of what had transpired last night.

Kairaav and Muskaan were genuinely happy for both of them . They were feeling guilty for whatever happened during their wedding. Now they felt relieved.

" Jamai sa, Akshara, I'm so happy with your decision. You both again living together is what we all prayed for . Always be happy" Mimi warded evil eyes off them.

" Abhinav Ji, i have a request" Manish said to Abhinav

" Bade papa.. why are you requesting and all.. you just order I will do it.. " he replied looking at him.

"Actually a distant relative of ours is getting married in Jaipur in 3 days. Only today morning they called and informed. Since you are also here now, we would happy if you could attend the wedding . Many of our other relatives will also be attending, since most of them haven't met you it will be a good chance for us to introduce you to them. " Manish requested to him.

Abhinav looked at Akshara who nodded in a yes.

" Ji Bade papa.. I will definitely attend" Abhinav promised .

**************************************

Precap : Forest romance!!!

Leave your love for the story in comments and votes guys ❤️