41. THE PLAN

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE: THE PLAN

---

Luther and Sloane was in a room sitting in front of each other.

"All right" Luther said as he grabbed a plastic bag with ice before he put it on Sloane's shoulder but she push his hand away before holding the bag on her shoulder.

"I hate your family" Sloane said "That's cool. Not a super fan of yours right now" Luther said.

"Were you part of it?" she asked "Of what?" he asked "Ambushing us with Superman's grandpa" she said "Sloane..." he said with a sigh "My family can't decide whether or not to put mushroom on a pizza. I have no idea who that old guy is. He just showed up" he said and she removed plastic bag from her shoulder "You expect me to believe that?" she asked "Hold on here. You attacked us" he said "I tried to warn you" she said "Yeah, pfft, at the last second. You almost took us out" he said "Yeah, but we didn't. And your stupid family's fine, and half of mine is dead" she said and Luther's face fell.

"Where you just...using me? Getting close to gather information?" she asked with tears in her eyes "Do you really believe that?" he said and she looked down before she let out a sigh and looked back at him.

"Sloane, you need to know something about me. I don't really have any friends. Or...romances. I just have my family, and I would do anything to protect them except betray you, because that's not who I wanna be. So, if you're playing me right now, you win. But if this...if this is for real, we have to trust each other, because we're not our families" he said and she grabbed his hand "Okay" she said "Okay" he said before he lifted his hand and wipe away her tear.

---

Stan was cleaning in a room while Klaus was leaning against the door frame drinking.

"Hey, you missed a spot" Klaus said and pointed on the spot "You missed a spot on your face, and I'm not complaining" Stan said, looking at him "Hey, hey, hey. Listen to me, buddy. This is nothing compared to what I endured when I was your age. You know he once gave me six months' laundry duty. Six months! Just for pawning one of his stupid priceless artifacts from Mexico" Klaus said and Stan grabbed something before putting it in his pocket without Klaus saw it.

"Well, it turns out it did have a price, Dad, and that price was $35 for meth, thank you very much" Klaus said "Laundry doesn't seem that bad" Stan said "Well, it is when you know what your brothers do to their socks" Klaus said "Did you get in a lot of trouble at my age?" Stan asked "Oh, tons. Truancy, larceny, arsony. You know, a lot of the stuff I was doing wasn't even illegal at the time. Have you heard of Klaus's Law?" Klaus asked "Nope" Stan said as Klaus lay down on the bed.

"Oh, whatever. It doesn't matter. Half the time, I was just trying to piss off my dad. Luther, Diego, or Ben" Klaus said "Yeah, oppositional defiant disorder" Stan said as he grabbed a watch before putting it in his pocket.