Or so people thought.

I know everything there is to know about stars; because I am a star.

When night comes, we do what stars do best, we shine. But when night passes and when day rises, we are free to do what we please. Regardless of what people may think, I'm not a big ball of light in the sky. I take the shape of a mortal but have greater responsibilities. Stars are an ancient race who protect all the realms, including their people, even though they are selfish and corrupt. Our magic is the more powerful and purer than any other. But with great power comes with great consequences.

A star's heart is sacred. Its power is devastating.

Once upon a time when a human stumbles across a lone star in their realm, the mortal will normally kill them for their power. That is how magic first developed for these selfish humans. A star once came down to a realm who got herself killed by a sly man. He cut out her heart and ate it. This man became youthful but devastatingly powerful. He was the first human to wield magic. Now it is forbidden to go to another realm. Only the ruler of the stars, Shine, could allow us to leave this prison known as the sky.

She used blood magic to trap us, which means she's the only one who can break the spell. Shine is the only Blue Star left in existence.

A Blue Star is the most powerful of all who live in the sky. Their magic is devastating and they should be feared. They can control and manipulate any mortal they choose. Blue Stars can defeat any opponent who crosses their path, except one. A Blue Star's only weakness is its own heart. Their heart can control them if, and only if, it is ripped from them.

I've never been where the humans are. But I've dreamt and talked about it all the time. Shine told me I was stupid for wanting to see a human up close, but I didn't care what she thought. I was hoping that some humans were different. That maybe, just maybe, I could find someone special. Funny thing is, my wish would soon come true.

I was summoned by Shine.

Queen Shine was my friend; she was like a sister to me. She took me in under her wing when my parents died from a sickness years ago. Shine planned to give me the throne since she had no heirs. "You summoned me?" I gave Shine a polite bow as I stalked into the throne room. I glanced around the mammoth room I had always admired when I was young. The crystal floor and walls were beautiful in Moons's light. The majestic gold throne with rubies and diamonds imbedded in its metal stood tall and proud; It's red cushions beamed bright. Then there was the woman who sat there, the Queen; my Queen.

"Yes I did." Shine answered, whipping back her curly blond hair, "I have a question for you." Her eyes bore into mine as she continued to stare at me. "Okay...What's your question?" I asked, unsure of what she needed to talk to me about.

"You're not happy here, are you?" She asked, getting right down to the point.

I gulped. She knew my secret; that one secret how I didn't want to stay in the sky anymore. I wanted love. I wanted to be free. Was it really that obvious?

"Why would you say that?" I asked hastily. I didn't really want to talk about this subject because I knew Shine would become furious.

"Don't play dumb. I know you. You're like a sister to me. Tell me the truth." She pleaded with her sad puppy eyes. I couldn't say no to those big blue pleading eyes, and she knew it.

I sighed in irritation; "yes, you're right. I don't want to be a star anymore." Shine gasped, but I continued talking; "I want to be free. Being a star is like being a slave. We have to protect the wretched humans, and for what!? We don't owe them anything! They're the ones who kill us! Why should we protect the people who terminate our race!?"