Chapter 12

this isn't edited.

Chapter 12

Adji's POV

 Uh I did not sleep at all and I have school today. Why did her mom have to take Atzi away from me? We were not going to do anything. I mean parents are all over the place. And my dad probably was awake all night.

"Did you sleep alright?" Atzi asks me. She walks to my side and I scoot over for her. She lays down and closes her eyes.

"I didn't sleep at all. I'm going to be sleeping during class." Atzi chuckles at my outburst.

"That's not going to happen. We have school and then you have to help me get moved." I groan and she laughs again.

"Fine but I won't like it. Now let's get ready for this day." Atzi gets up and I follow behind her.

"I'm going to go change at my mom's room." I nod my head and Atzi leaves.

Atzi's POV

"Where were you?" my mom says as soon as I walk in.

"I was waking up Adji. Mom you need to relax. What's wrong with you?" I ask her concerned.

"Nothing just that you're my daughter and you should be with me at a time like this." The truth hits me.

"Mom you need to go out with your friends and have some fun. You need to know that I'm not going to leave you like dad did." My mom starts crying.

"Mom I'm sorry I said that. You know I love you." I run to her and hug her.

"No I know but I just know that you won't leave me. But I need you with me right now. I am not feeling too well. Your dad just left me and I don't even know how to handle right now." Mom tells me honestly. "Just get ready for school and I'll see you later." My mom tells me and walks out the room.

 Oh, no I messed up. I have to make her feel better. She does not anyone comforting her like Adji is to me. I am going to talk to her today after class.

Adji's POV

"What's wrong?" I ask Atzi who has been quiet since we left for school.

"My mom thinks that I'm going to leave her like dad and I don't know what to do." Atzi confesses and starts crying.

"The only thing I can say to you is talk to her. Explain to her how you won't leave her like your dad. I'm sure she'll understand. And if you need help you can ask my mom. Actually, I think my mom is thinking about talking to her. Maybe you should spend an entire day with her. I think that will help her." Atzi looks at me surprised. "Hey I know how to be smart and caring." I make her laugh.

"I know that. Do you think I can do that today?" I nod my head yes. "Thanks you're the best." I stop the car and look at her.

"I love you" I grab her hand.

"I love you too." She leans and kisses me.

Someone honking disrupts out moment.

Atzi's POV

I have the best boyfriend ever. Well I mean he has his flaws but overall he is the best. I didn't think he would say that. I'll tell my mom what she wants and to ease her pain my dad brought her. I hate him. He did this.

"Hey I have something to tell  you." Lola pulls my hand leads me to the restroom. "I'm pregnant." I look at her confused.

"Lola are you sure? I thought you said you and Duncan were safe. Have you told Duncan?" Lola starts crying. "Hey Lola it's going to be okay because Adji and I will be here for you. But I know that Duncan will be there for the two of you. You have to tell him today. If you keep hiding it, he will get mad. " explain to her.