Spending time with Gina Choi

June 2010

"I heard your new song did well Harry." Canadian beauty Gina Choi spoke in English.

She had a level of beauty that has been unmatched. Unlike most girls he met, she beautiful without saying she is. Call it a crush if you say. At least he has a valid reason to like her. Apart from her golden blonde hair she had a kind personality that Canadians are well known for.

"We definitely did. It took a while but we're now hitting our stride." Harry replied.

"That's wonderful news. I throughly listened to your album. I didn't know you could sing. You've should have told me!" Gina said feeling slightly betrayed.

"To be fair Gina, you never asked me! Besides it's not like it was deliberate. I rarely sing because it doesn't really fit my style. I'm always gonna be an MC and I only use my voice if it enhances the music. Literally they just told me sing this and I went with it!" Harry summarized.

"They were right. You should show off your voice more often. I think it sounds cute." Gina giggled.

"Calm down Harry she's just a friend. Just remain calm." Harry thought trying to suppress his blush.

"How do you feel working with me Harry?" Gina asked with smile. Her lips were so attractive.

"Aren't you feeling eager Miss Gina! To answer your question miss Gina I feel very happy. We're the only English-speaking idols in Cube. I feel like in a way you understand my struggles. It can be kinda awkward being the only overseas idol." Harry gave his honest thoughts.

"I felt the same way. Before you came along it was so lonely. Aside from being able to speak English there wasn't anything I could do. I was supposed to debut in a girl group, but management went south before I even had the chance to debut. I was moved here, initially considered to join 4minute, changed into a solo artist after not meeting all the criteria. At least meeting you made the transition much smoother." Gina admitted.

Now he really felt bad for her. It's no secret that foreign idols hold a special stigma. They only see you as a tool for international market. They only use you for your English. In that regard he could relate.

"There must be a reason why you're here. I think God put you here for a reason. You grew up like I did of knowing Jesus. Maybe lean on to him whenever you're struggling. That's what I try to do at least. He gave me a sense of comfort during these stressful months. If you don't mind you could reach out to me." Harry said, muttering at the last sentence.

"You really are a kind soul Harry. I just know you're going to do great things!" Gina said in a gentle. The noona vibes were too much for Harry.

"Let's get started shall me. After all you're supposed to be my man for the video." Gina teased.

"I'll try to be the best lover I can! I would never break your heart, just so you know." Harry declared.

The music was an R&B track. Her strong vocals really suited this type of concept. For her dance break she wore a fedora and suit similar to Micheal Jackson. As pretty as she looked in that she looked much hotter in denim. He knew exactly what kind of artist Cube was going for and he was all for it.

Harry was dressed in handsome denim jeans and a clean tee. He played the image as the handsome boyfriend. There was shots of them having a meal together among many things. The message was a plea to not abandon the love they created.  She is begging her boyfriend not to go. Some heart wrenching stuff. He felt himself wanting to cry at the end.

Ggeojyeo julke jalsara
Ddokbaro yaegihae
Nalbogoseo nae nuneul chyeodabogo mareul hae
Heheojijan geumalhaettni
Nawa ggeutnaego shipeungeoni

(ara) neon yeojaga saenggingeoya
(ara) neon naegeh shiljeung nangeoya
(da man) nunmuli chamaohjiman

Ggeojyeo julke jal sara
Geumalbakke nan mothae
Ijeo julge jal sara
Na eobtshido haengbokhae
Nega beorin sarang
Nega gajyeoga
Namgimeobtshi gajyeoga
Mianhadan maldo hajima
Nae keokjeong hajima

(Harry) Yo, Sorry my sweety
Nal ddeonagandaneun ne ipsuli
Oneulddara wae iri weonmangseureoweo boineunji
(Doojoon) Neol butjabayahaneunde
(Harry) Mali naojil anha neon imi meoleojineunde

(ara) nareul da jiulgeoya
(ara) nan nega cham miulgeoya
(da man) modeungeol daarmyeonseodo

Ggeojyeo julge jal sara
Geu malbakke nan mothae
Ijeo julge jal sara
Na eobtshido haengbokhae
Nega beorin sarang
Nega gajyeoga
Namkimeobtshi gajyeoga
Mianhadan maldo hajima
Nae keokjeong hajima

(you) naega sarattdeon iyu
(you) naega weonhaettdeon jeonbu
You~ Neohanaman barabwajudeon najanha

(why) wae nal ddeonaneungeoya
(why) wae nal beorineungeoya
Eochapi ireolgeomyeonseo
wae nal saranghangeoni

Hokshi geunal saenggak na
Woori cheoeum mannan nal
Ajikdo nan saenggakna
Nega haettdeon yaksogi
Naman akgyeojugo
Naman jikigo
Naman saranghandago
Nan mideosseo neoui geojitmal
Nan mideottdanmalya

(Oh oh oh oh oh)
(Oh oh oh) Saranghagin hangeoni
(Oh oh oh oh oh) No no no no
(Oh oh oh oh oh) Ijeo julge jal sara
Music end

"Why are you crying?" Gina said wiping a small tear caressing his face.

"I didn't mean to be so obvious. The song was pretty sad hearing. I can never imagine wanting to hurt you! You're too special to be treated like that." Harry admitted.

"It's just a song Harry. I know you're not the kind of guy to do that. How about we get some coffee. I know a place that has great bread!" Gina dragging Harry into a cafe to celebrate.