66

Being pregnant through the winter was not fun. No matter how cold it was, Beyoncé was still always sweaty. She had grown so tired of complaining about it. B walked through the front door and began taking her clothes off immediately. The feel of clothes on her skin had been bothering her more than usual lately. It had become a natural thing for her to strip as soon as she crossed the threshold into their apartment. She was in desperate need of a snack and a shower. She looked at the clock and sighed seeing that Jay wouldn't be home for another two hours. She hated getting home before him because she always felt so bored. B couldn't go more than thirty minutes without missing him. She was attached to him in the worst way. It physically pained her that she couldn't live inside of his skin.

For a snack, she decided that a bowl of cereal would suffice. She propped her phone up and watched a YouTube video as she ate three bowls of Honey Bunches of Oats. When she was finished, she took a shower and then came back to lounge on the bed until Jay returned.

Jay was on his way home listening to music when the Bluetooth in his car abruptly stopped with an incoming phone call from Pierre. "Yo." He answered.

"Are you crazy!?" Pierre yelled dramatically causing Jay to frown in confusion.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Jay chuckled softly.

"I passed the bar, nigga! You are not about to talk to me crazy."

"The results are out for real?!" Jay asked as his heart rate sped up. Pierre nodded and told him that the results finally went up just a few minutes ago. "Oh shit!" He exclaimed happily. "Congratulations, bro. I'm proud of you. You really deserved this."

"'Preciate it, og." He smiled. "I thought you would've checked it by now. You deserve it too for real."

"Nah, me and B been busy dealing with baby stuff. I keep forgetting dates and times and shit like that." Jay said with a shake of his head. "You'd think I'm the one with pregnancy brain."

"Shut up," Pierre laughed. "Call me when y'all look at your results. I have to go harass everybody I fucking know. I passed the bar, dick head!"

"I got you. I'm really happy for you, P." He smiled. "You still coming by the house tomorrow to help with the nursery and shit, right?"

Pierre nodded. "Of course! I'll text you later."

"Thanks, I'll see you then." They ended the call and Jay sped home faster than he already was. Now, he was anxious. He wondered if B knew about the bar results going up and if she checked them already. He figured she would've reminded him had she known.

He parked his car and headed up to their apartment. "Bar results went up, Beyoncé!" Jay yelled excitedly as he ran into the house.

"No!" She screamed. She got excited and anxious at the same time. "Did you look?!" He yelled 'hell no' to her as he frantically searched for his laptop asking her where she'd seen it last. "Baby, it's on the coffee table!" She yelled, already knowing exactly what he was looking for. He stopped running through the house and looked where she told him to. He thanked her when he finally found it.

"Are you ready to check?" He asked when he returned to the bedroom. B shook her head. "Do you remember your ID number? It's time to see what the future holds for us." He took a deep breath. "I mean, it's not the end of the world if we fail because we can take it like five times and still become a lawyer, but still."

"Jay." She stopped him from rambling on. "Let's find out." She took a deep breath as well while he went to the website. "You first." She told him after he tried to give her the computer. He groaned, but still looked for his results. It took him a few seconds to type in his ID number and reveal his results.