xi. the giver

SEKAIYA JAHNI FOX.

"TELL HIM IT'S COOL.. i ain't feel no typa way." a shadow covering kaiya's open window pressured her eyes to open from their previous shut position.

her head was banging and her body was moist with sleep sweat, and shaedon talking loud on the phone wasn't helping either's case.

"nah she sleep, but i'll make sure she give you a call when she wake up. just let that nigga know that if he speak to me like that again imma—"

a planted kiss on his exposed shoulder made the boy shutter, as he soon smiled. "—fuck his ass up. i appreciate it bro, bye" the phone left his ear.

sekaiya kissed his neck next, then his cheek. "who was that?" she asked, pecking the corner of his lips.

he handed her the phone, which she realized was hers. normally, she would've lashed out at him for even daring to touch her shit while she was sleep—

but this was new 'n improved sekaiya. a locked down sekaiya, whom was okay with her boyfriend answering her phone calls when she was sleep.

"it said celina, so i answered it, but it was her nigga actually. he was sayin' all this 'n that about how number 0 was sorry about what he said to you 'n shit" he answered.

in one sly move, he placed her on his lap and examined her face. shaedon ran a hand over the puffy eye bags that were prominent as he blew a breath.

"i'm sorry about that shit last night mama. you don't deserve that at all, 'n i shouldn't even have let him feel like he could belittle you like that"

she read the look of sympathy in his eyes and smiled, softly pressing their lips together. "you have no reason to be sorry shae. tyrese is just... he thinks that he can talk to me any kind of way and i'll just take it, but that's not the case. he constantly disrespects you 'cause i let him, and for that i apologize."

they sat in comfortable silence, just staring at each other. as much as she claimed she never had feelings for the man, sokaiya knew that that lie was slowly changing.

his eyes laid from her eyes to her lips before his bottom one got caught in between his teeth. "so ar—" "come with me to ontario next week."

his sudden sentence caused her words to jumble up in her brain. she nervously laughed, "ontario? like.. go with you to your par—"

"my parents, yes. i want you to. i want you to meet them." he cut her off again.

she withdrew her arms from around his neck. "shae i.." sekaiya tried, "you don't think it's too early for that?" the girl asked.

he shook his head rapidly, "i know we just got together officially, but we been messing around for months now kai. i been holding it off for a while, but i think it's time you meet them in person"