Chapter 7: Decisions

Zac paced back and forth in the living room, his phone clutched tightly up in his hand. He had been trying to reach Fatima for hours, but all his attempts had been in vain. Each call went straight to voicemail, leaving him with a feeling of helplessness and growing regret.

As he scrolled through his phone, he saw the numerous unanswered text messages he had sent to Fatima, pouring his heart out, apologizing for the misunderstanding caused by Maya's deceitful words staying on delivered she hasn't even read them and that had him feeling a type of way. He had left heartfelt voicemails, hoping that she would hear the sincerity in his voice. Yet, there was no response, just a void of silence on the other end of the line.

The weight of his actions bore down on him, and he couldn't help but blame himself for his poor judgment. The consequences of their tumultuous encounter now threatened the potential budding relationship with Fatima, and Zac grappled with a wave of remorse.

With each unanswered call, Zac's frustration grew, mixed with self-directed anger. He scolded himself for not seeing through Maya's ruse, for not questioning her motives earlier. The pain of betrayal gnawed at his heart, leaving him feeling foolish and betrayed

He clenched his fists, a mix of sadness and anger coursing through his veins. He realized that he had allowed Maya's manipulations to tarnish something that had the potential to be beautiful. As the phone continued to ring out, he started to question whether it was even worth trying anymore.

Plopping down on the couch, he stared at his phone, contemplating his next move. Should he keep persisting, despite the continuous rejection? Or should he give Fatima the space she seemed to be demanding?

His mind raced with what-ifs and regrets, each scenario gnawing at him from within. The uncertainty and absence of closure intensified his anxiety, leaving him with an overwhelming sense of despair.

Finally, he took a deep breath, mustering the strength to send one last message, attempting to convey the depth of his feelings. He poured his heart and soul into the words, hoping that this message would break the barrier that seemed to have formed between them.

With a heavy sigh, he hit send, although in his heart, he knew that it might be his last attempt. Tears welled up in his eyes as he wondered if he had irreparably damaged their connection before it even had a chance to blossom.

But then, a flicker of determination ignited within Zac. He couldn't let Maya's deceit dictate the course of his relationships. He refused to let her poison continue to corrode his connection with Fatima. It was time for him to step up, take responsibility, and fight for what he believed in.

With a resolute mindset, Zac put down the phone and took a deep breath. He knew that repairing the damage caused wouldn't be easy, but he was willing to put in the effort. He would find a way to reach out to Fatima.

'Fatima'
Fatima sank into the plush comfort of her penthouse, the weight of Maya's deceitful words still lingering in her mind. Although she remained unaware of the truth, she couldn't deny the sting of the hurt they had instilled within her. The wounds from her painful breakup with Ian, a scar on her heart that time had slowly mended, still reminded her to be cautious.

In her journey towards healing, therapy had taught her the importance of facing challenges head-on, but also of taking the time to gather all the facts before making any drastic decisions. Fatima had grown tired of running away from her problems, yet she found herself facing a dilemma. Zac's messages and missed calls filled her phone screen, a clear indication of his desire to explain and make amends.

Bound by FateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara