III could it have been avoided?

Start from the beginning

But was it, really?

After a decade of friendship, you were just going to cut it all off? Another voice in your head told you that it was. Afterall, he was ignoring you so cutting each other off was just the same, right?

But then, your thoughts drifted of your band. You suddenly feel the heaviness behind your back, gaining consciousness that you have your electric guitar bag clutched by your shoulders. You were part of a band that had so much potential, with you, Shizu, Yuki, and Hiiragi. Your life had just never revolved around your best friends and higschool, music was there to accompany you too when you were lonely. You couldn't just leave something that you grew up with and loved. And it seemed like Hiiragi caught up with your thoughts as his body language wavered a little, the glare a few blinks away from being concerned — so you beat him up to it.

" The only thing I care about is the band. " You said with gritted teeth. " Let's just pretend that nothing has ever happened to us, that there was no we and us — because I don't want the band to just break because — because of us. Because of this stupid — " You could have scripted what you were going to say to Hiiragi because you could feel the utter frustration of not finding the right words. You groaned and clenched your right hand, the nails of your index and middle finger digging through the skin of your thumb. A habit that Hiiragi caught up with at times when he saw you in the state of frustration. He would have stopped you knowing that if you kept this up longer, your skin would bleed but he didn't.

" Let's pretend that we were nothing at all but... continue the band. " You almost felt like an idiot for saying that. Wanting to cut him off but still breath in the same air as him when you were going to be doing music?  You doubted that everything would ever be the same with the band with this confrontation but this was the only thing that you could do. You couldn't just leave everything behind, music was something precious. It was the only thing that was keeping you sane these days.

There was a sense of deja vu as the two of you stared at each other. It felt like it had been a millennium, and only then you broke contact when you felt something liquid wetting your fingers. You looked down to your hand, not surprised to see blood staining your skin red. The feeling of the wound was numb and you felt his eyes watching. So you straightened your head and gazed at him with a cold look, ignoring the bleeding as you walked past him.

Hiiragi watched your reatreating form with a glare but when you disappeared from his sight, his lips contorted into a frown.

And then a lone tear dropped down his face.

🌌

Ever since that confrontation, your relationship with Hiiragi had been affecting the whole group to a great unfortunate extent. The other three could feel the aura of coldness between the two of you and there was no secret that they were bothered by it.

Shizu was the first one to acknowledge your behaviour, and what's strange and annoying was the fact that even though you weren't with Hiiragi anymore, you could still feel jealousy throbbing your heart every time that you got to see him with Shizu. Shizu, as blunt as he could ever be asked what was going on between the two of you. And during that day where you had that conversation with him, you remembered resisting the urge to laugh. He should know about it, he was close with Hiiragi anyway. Too close for your own insecurities to be felt in a way that you weren't going to be surprised if one day, the two of them would be together.

Despite trusting Shizu the most out of everyone, you did not straightforwardly replied to his question. Rather, an " Ask him yourself. " was what you have given and the way that he stared at you blankly, the ever so stoic guy he was made you chuckle.

Mafuyu, even though you shouldn't feel it — you couldn't help but feel some sort of displeasure. You tried not to, but the thought of him being the reason that Yuki could never be yours on that day that you confessed just hurt. You felt disgusted by yourself, you could say. It wasn't his fault that Yuki never liked you. It wasn't his fault that you weren't him. But you just couldn't help it. Feeling cold towards him as he asked if you were okay.