Chapter III: A Little Bit

(Same POV):

I had finally met my older brother, the one I had always longed to see again, but for some reason, it felt like something was missing.

Canada, the one that I always looked up to, the one that was always taller than me, the one that loved maple syrup and pancakes, and the one that had a heart almost made of gold. But the kindhearted gaze he always gave when looking at me was absent.
Does he even know me?

I felt like I was almost trembling, but (obviously) I stopped myself. I wanted to be the best person I could be and refused to look like an idiot in front of him, even if his brain could not find any sort of memory with me in it.

Wait. But he knew that I had the same father as him. Surely, he knew me, right?

"Do you know me?" I asked him.

He blinked at me for a few moments before replying, "Yes, vaguely,"

I am a SIX-year-old. I did not know what a ' vaguely' was, and that confused me a lot.

He studied my facial expression, before sympathetically stating, "Oh, vaguely means slightly, or uncertain."

My face immediately relaxed. Oh, he only knows me a little bit.
Only a little bit.
Well, there goes all my dreams, flying out of the window.

I poked the carpet with the toe of my boot, admiring the lovely floral patterns printed on the ground. If they were alive, would they feel bad for me?

"Well, I guess I'll show you around this building, I guess. U-unless someone already offered..." he let out a hand for me to take, supposedly for politeness.

Now that I thought of it, nobody actually offered to give me a real tour, even the staff. I just got dragged along with them and had to memorise everything all by myself.

I nodded slightly, and smiled, prompting Canada to return it.
He did.

I followed my older sibling around as he explained everything to me, and bumped into a country. Most of his face was a dark blue, with the British flag in the corner, a seven-pointed star below it on his cheek, and to the (America's) right, was what some people called 'The Southern Cross'.
Acknowledging the British flag, this country must have once been the UK's colony.

"Erm, what 'ya got there, Canada?" he queried, with a slight accent.

Oh, was this the one that was obsessed with animals, Australia?

"I'm not an it, I'm a he," I said.

"I never asked, and I never stated," he spat at me, literally.

I wiped the side of my face, disgusted by the germs and his manners. He never said sorry!

"I think you may have spat on him," Canada said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

He barely glanced at me and apologised, but it seemed more directed at my brother than me.
"But it was only a little bit."

"Yeah, sure, but at least say sorry to him with eye contact!"

Australia walked up to me, squashed his nose at my forehead and yelled, "SORRY!!!!!!"

Ew, ew, ew. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

"No, seriously," Canada yanked Australia away from me, his face practically emotionless and emphasised that he had to do it 'properly and solemnly'.

Australia turned to me, with no meaning in his eyes and barely let the word 'sorry' escape from his lips. He then exited the hallway, but two seconds later got several pieces of paper in his hands, all scrunched up and threw them at me. "NOT - HAHAHA!!!"
With that, he ran away from existence.