Chapter 5

Emma's POV
"The Jolly Roger," I said out loud as I read the restaurant's name displayed outside "Looks nice"

"And you haven't seen it from the inside"

Killian took my hand as he lead me inside the small and elegant restaurant. I stared at our hands together and loved the way they looked interlaced, enjoying the soft touch of his skin as well. Gazing up, I furrowed my brow.

"I'm no expert but shouldn't a place like this have other guests?"

The Jolly Roger was completely empty. There wasn't a single soul in it.

"Being the owner has its benefits, like reserving the whole place for the night. It's just gonna be the two of us, love. Well, and some of the personal"

Oh my God.

"Killian... You didn't have to. What about tonight's earnings? You're gonna lose them because of me" I said uneasy.

"Swan, it doesn't matter. The place is sailing without any problem. One night without opening doesn't mean it's going bankrupt" he tried to comfort me as we kept walking until we reached the terrace.

My heart stopped. It was the most beautiful scene I had ever seen. A table decorated with an off-white tablecloth, an elegant dinner service, a bottle of wine and little candles placed on the edge of the dock. The waves of the ocean crashed against the rocks below as the lights of the city were seen at the distance.

I was utterly astonished "Killian... This is... I can't even find the correct words"

He snickered "You don't need to say a word, love. Just enjoy"

He let go of my hand as I sat on one of the chairs.

Killian took his place in front of me before a man dressed in a black and white uniform stepped into the terrace.

"Goodnight Miss Swan. Mr. Jones" he greeted "My name is William and I'll be attending you tonight. May I offer you some wine?"

"Yes, thank you" I replied. The man poured the beverage into the glasses and left.

"Smee is also the manager. When I told him about bringing you here he was the first one to offer his help"

"That's so nice. Killian I still can't believe this. No one has ever done such thing for me"

He grabbed my hands across the table and squeezed my skin with his thumbs.

"Emma, if I did this it was because I wanted you to spend a great night. And believe me, all of this is worth while as long as you're happy"

I drew a big smile in my face "I am happy"

Dinner went on with an exquisite feast that included grilled salmon with a pinch of lemon and olive followed by a chocolate with hazelnuts cake.

We finished eating and the personal left the restaurant, leaving us alone. I went inside and caught sight of some pictures placed on one of the navy blue walls.

One photograph showed two little kids on a boat. I quickly recognized one of them.

"This is you!"

Killian joined my side "Aye. I had your son's age in those times"

"And who's the one next to you? Your brother?"

"Indeed. Liam, five years older than me. We were quite close, always playing to be sailors. He pretended to be the captain and I the lieutenant. We really had good times"

I smiled as he recalled those days with proud.

"Our father worked for the navy so he wasn't really at home. My mother took care of us all the time. She also had blue eyes that were impressively beautiful. I think there's a photo of her... Yes, right there"

He pointed at it with his finger before I looked at it. A young woman, around thirty five years old, with hair as black as the night and ocean blue eyes "She was really pretty. You look a lot like her"

"That's what people tells me frequently"

I kept looking at the other pictures, stopping in front of one "This is your brother, isn't he? Just grown up"

"Aye. It's the last one I have of him"

My smile faded away as I looked at Killian. "Oh. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"No, it's okay. I'm the one who needs to apologize. It's supposed to be a date not a time to talk about my grieves. I don't want to bother you with that"

"Killian..." I caressed his arms "If you want to talk about them you can"

"Thanks love, but not today"

"I understand. Just remember that if you ever want to I'm right here"

He nodded. After that we changed the conversation's topic and talked about movies and superheroes.

We made our way back to my building and stood outside the apartment.

"I really spent quite a good night" I said.

"I'm glad you did. I was afraid that the moment we were looking at the pictures might had turned the date somewhat uncomfortable"

"Killian, I can assure you it didn't. It was one of the best nights I've ever had. Thank you"

"Welcome. Do you think we can... Uhm, have another date again?"

"Definitely"

He smiled and leant close to me, leaving a quick kiss on my left cheek.

"See ya"

"Goodnight Killian"

I opened the door to the house and went inside, standing still with my body against the door and caressing my cheek, loving the sensation Killian's kiss had left on it.

After removing the makeup and putting on my pajamas, I went to bed.
But alas, the happiness disappeared once I fell asleep. Why?

Because that night I had a horrible nightmare.

I was in a damp and misty forest. My hair moved from one side to another as I kept running. There was fear inside me, I could feel it. As if someone was going after me.
Suddenly, I stumbled with a log and fell to the ground. There was mud everywhere, my hands and face covered with it.
A shadow was standing in front of me, watching with dreadful and threatening eyes.

It was him.

I tried to move but it was as if I was tied with strings to the floor. The man kneeled and smiled wickedly. He was there to hurt me, I knew it.
I screamed for help without any success.

He then got closer to me, so close that he managed to place his mouth next to my ear.

"I will take him away from you, Emma. I will take Henry away from you" he whispered.

"No please. You can't"

"I can and I will. I'm Henry's father... And you can't do anything about it"

"Please don't..." I said sobbing. Tears were uncontrollably falling through my face "Please..."

Everything turned black before my eyes snapped open. I was breathing fast and felt the hands sweating.

It was just a bad dream.

I stood up quickly and walked to my son's room, turning the lights on. For a moment I panicked, seeing Henry was not in his bed. Then I remembered he was at Regina's and calmed down, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"He is okay, Emma" I told myself. "Henry is fine. Neal can't take him away from you because he's in jail. He doesn't even know he has a son"

~ ~ ~

Want to know what happened between Emma and Neal? Find out on next chapter!

Thanks to all the lovely readers, you are the best!
Don't forget to vote, comment & share! 💕