Chapter 5 - Coven

Author's Note: Aaaand we've gotten to the end of the story! I hope you enjoy how it concludes! :D

PS. No, I do not know when we'll post another vampire fic with the Batch. But we absolutely will. xP We've got several in the works.

~ Amina Gila

Hunter approaches Tech, and Wrecker feels his uncertainty, though he doesn't hesitate, reaching up to touch his shoulders and leaning closer. Tech hardly twitches when Hunter bites him, and Wrecker feels the shifting change the moment it happens. He feels another flicker of light in his mind as Tech joins their coven.

"Can you turn me, too?" Omega asks, standing. Wrecker scoops her up the way he often does, carrying her back to the others.

The others freeze, turning to her. "Are you sure?" Hunter asks uncertainly, turning to her.

"I'm part of the squad, too," she insists, "I'm one of you."

Wrecker catches Crosshair's eyes on them, and he feels a strange tendril of hurt in his mind. He looks away when Wrecker turns to him, though. He hesitantly approaches Crosshair and loops an arm around his shoulders. Crosshair presses against his side, but he doesn't say anything.

He's still in black armor and all, and it looks weirdly wrong.

"Uh, you okay?" Wrecker asks him quietly.

Crosshair turns closer, pressing his face to Wrecker's shoulder armor. "What do you think?" he grumbles, voice echoing in Wrecker's mind.

He doesn't know what to do. Crosshair hurt them, and it – he doesn't know what to do about it.

"Can you turn me, too?" Omega asks again, "I have it also."

"Tech?" Hunter inquires, turning to him. "Do you think she'll be able to handle it?"

"I would recommend waiting through my own transformation," Tech answers, "Echo and Wecker's may have been without complications, but the circumstances were different."

"How, exactly?" Echo asks, "We all got bitten."

"Crosshair's was first," Tech reminds, "And his began from a... fatality."

Oh. Oh. Wrecker knew that but he never really thought about it. All he'd been able to focus on was how Crosshair did it to Hunter. He never really realized that it happened to Crosshair, too. "Is – what – what happened?" he inquires, freaked out.

Crosshair hisses out a breath. "The engine."

The engine?! Wrecker blew that up. He thought – Crosshair was trying to –

They didn't have a choice, but that doesn't make it any better. He yanks Crosshair closer, clinging to him. "I'm sorry," he blurts out, "I didn't know you were close, that –" He hurt Crosshair, and he can't...

He hurt all of them.

Omega's desperate "please, stop, I don't want to hurt you," is still ringing in his mind, still remembers the panicked way Tech called his name and how Hunter kept trying to reach him, though he was too angry and out-of-it to listen.

He knew that, but he didn't know he would hurt Crosshair, too.

Hunter steps forwards, worry etched on his face, and Wrecker can feel it burning in the back of his mind.

"I didn't know you were there," Hunter tells Crosshair quietly, reaching up to touch his shoulder again. "I'm sorry."

"Are you?" He states more than asks.