Small Trinkets of Time

Start from the beginning

It was a text from Izzy. "We're in position, you ready?"

"Yep. Do it." She texted back. Turning back to face the two Shadowhunter's. "Xander and Belles are in-" the two jumped away from each other "-position. Everything okay?" Her eyes flickered between the two, wondering what just happened.

"Yeah, yeah we're good." Clary forced her blush away while trying to forget what Jace's fingers felt as they danced across her shoulder. He was Kassidy's boyfriend for God sakes! Her sister. This couldn't, wouldn't happen.

Over with Jace, he wasn't doing much better. He refused to make eye contact with Kas. He had no idea what happened or how it happened. The Shadowhunter felt somewhat disgusted with himself for the tension that was between him and his girlfriend's twin.

"Okay." Kazzie dragged out the word, brows furrowed. "We're just waiting for the signal from the others."

"What signal?" Clary asked before jumping the littlest bit at the sudden black out. "Whoa." Her eyes tried to adjust with the help of the new rune on her shoulder.

"That signal." Jace said, before turning to the warlock. "Lady's first."

—-------

Once they reached what they hoped was the storage room, Kassidy flicked her hand causing the vent to pop off while surrounded by a slight green glow. After she climbed out, Clary was right behind her holding a witchlight forcing Jace to climb out last.

"What is all this crap?" Jace said as he took in all the boxes. "Lunch receipts?"

Neither twin got to respond as the door swung open revealing a police officer holding a flashlight. Acting quickly, all three of them disappeared to the mundane's eye. After finding nothing out of the ordinary, the man left. Locking the door behind him.

"You're getting pretty good with your stele." The Shadowhunter looked down at the redhead.

Clary just shrugged. "Well, at least we know he's not a Downworlder."

Kassidy shuffled between the two, not bothering to comment about what her sister just said. "I'm assuming it's alphabetical?"

"Yeah, I think so." Clary confirmed, fingers running over the labels before landing on the one that read 'Garroway, Luke'. "In here." Taking the box from the shelf, she brought it to the closest desk. Pulling the top off so she could ruffle though it only then to pause at the picture staring back at her.

At every picture Clary stopped on, Kas could feel her dark emotions peeking out more and more. It didn't help that in every picture her face was looking back at her, smiling in Jocelyn's arms. Of course, she knew it wasn't her, but all the foggy memories of her life before everything happened flashed in her mind.

Jace, watching Kassidy silently, could tell she was having trouble watching the whole ordeal. If it wasn't the way her face went blank or the fact that her fingernails were digging into her palm, it was her eyes. It was always her eyes. After knowing the Warlock for as long as he did, he knew that her eyes revealed every single thing.

Acting like he's bored, he crossed his arms over his chest, hoping it'll get Clary to go faster so it'll put Kas out of her misery. "This will take all day." Clary rolled her eyes before dumping it, thinking he was just being snappy. Jace blinked, not expecting that to her response. "Or you could just do that."

Pushing things to the side, she dug through the now mess of the random things that the officers collected from Luke's desk. After a minute, she finally landed on the tarot cards that Dot always seemed to use. Flipping through them, she finally paused. Stopping on the one that looked like the Holy Grail from the Indiana Jones movie.