Chapter 14: The Ball

The next weeks passed in a blur, neither Marinette nor Adrien mentioned their encounter a couple of weeks back, but it wasn't too awkward, they were both so busy, that they hardly saw one another anyway. Marinette was finishing up her dress, accessories, and matching shoes for the ball all while Adrien was hard at work at Panacea for all she knew. She had finished her design and made the finishing touches the night before, ready as ever to attend the ball that night.

         Three hours before the start of the ball, the hair and makeup stylist showed up at Marinette's bedroom door. Adrien had sent for them. She didn't mind, it would ease her anxiety and keep her from being late. Plus, if Adrien hired them, she knew they were the best at their trade. Between the two, Marinette's hair was lifted into a high bun, with two delicate curls cascading down each side of her face to frame it. Atop the bun lay a gorgeous diamond leaf patterned clip, that probably cost more than Luka's houseboat, but Adrien must have seen the colors that day he came into her room and knew she was going for autumn. It was quite a beautiful piece. Her makeup was done with smokey eyes, black liner, and lashes. Her cheeks were giving off a golden peach hue from the blush, but her lips were fire red, matching the paint on her nails. She looked, well not like herself at all, but she liked it! She'd have to thank Adrien for the cosmetologists when she saw him. Slipping into her autumn-ombré dress and shimmering three-inch gold heels, she examined herself in the mirror. The only thing she was missing was the faux diamond necklace she had prepared to match, a beautiful teardrop on a silver and gold braided chain. Grabbing the necklace and exiting her room Marinette stopped at the image before her.

          Adrien Agreste stood in the middle of her view, golden hair swept to the side, a dark black, mulberry silk tuxedo, that shimmered slightly in the light, with a lime green lining fitting his form like a glove. The tux was paired with a matching lime green cummerbund and bowtie accentuating his eyes and making them shine brighter than she had seen before. He was... she didn't even have words for how delectable he looked, and she could only imagine what was underneath. She had to clench her thighs together at the desire flooding her and hold back the moan attempting to escape. Adrien looked up from his phone as she entered the room, he seemed to have the same issue as her. His eyes were trained on her, and she watched them darken, lust filling them, and then it was gone, like it had never been there. He looked back at his phone, and cleared his throat, "You look nice Marinette, your design is spectacular." Still unable to respond, Marinette's mouth opened and closed a few times like a fish, until a high-pitched squeal, like a hot kettle left her throat. Adrien jolted his head back up looking her in the eye, lifting his brow in question, "Uh, Marinette are you okay?" She nodded slowly, pink cheeks darkening overpowering the blush and running down her chest under her dress. Finally, she was able to make some semblance of a word, "Wow looks you, Adrien, gah! I mean, I lick abs off the shirt, I mean you look nice too," she finally got out, though high-pitched and barely understandable. He just looked at her with an amused expression as she looked down at the ground forcing out her hand in front of him with the dangling necklace, as to say help, please without more words. Adrien gently removed the necklace from her hand and pointed for her to turn, clasping the handmade accessory around her soft, petite neck. Moving closer after releasing the necklace, Adrien's hand found its way to Marinette's hips as he lowered his head toward her. He ran his nose from her ear to her pulse point, leaving a soft kiss. Marinette extended her neck to the side, to give him more room, "Please Adrien, bite me," she whimpered breathily. His fang grazed her neck, then he licked from her clavicle back to her ear, tasting her skin, and back again taking in the smell of her. "Ah little mouse, you are going to be the death of me," he groaned. "Right now, we don't have the time, we must go before we are late," he stepped away from her after one last kiss at her pulse, motioning her toward the door. She looked over her shoulder, as she entered the elevator glancing at his face, eyes full of desire and disappointment.