𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

Start from the beginning

"Do we need to take a photo?" Taemoo questioned, watching Hyejin's excited figure as she quickly dragged him towards the body mirror.

"You can't let a good outfit go to waste!" She exclaimed, almost offendedly. Hyejin quickly pulled out her phone from her purse, swiping over to the camera and carefully holding it, only for her grip to falter at the the soft smile Taemoo was giving her.

"Hyejin, put your phone away and eat your food!" Mimo scolded with a firm shake of her head. "Did you not eat on your trip? Is that why you're so pale right now?"

"Did you eat luxury chocolate and try French food?" Hamin asked excitedly, leaning towards the table with a smile on his face.

Hyejin nodded her head, giving the younger boy a strained smile. "Of course I did. And of course I brought some for you."

✧༺♥༻✧

Chewing the tip of her pen in thought, Hyejin scrutinized the drawings in front of her as she absentmindedly moved her desk chair back and forth.

"Ms. Choi, Mr. Dagoo, the CEO of GoFoods is looking to speak with you." Hyejin's receptionist spoke softly, walking into the office as she held her hand over the mic of the phone.

Moving her glasses to rest on her head, she nodded with a soft smile, reaching her hand out to grab the phone. "Hello?"

"Hello? Am I speaking to Ms. Choi Hyejin?" The older, gruff voice asked.

"Hey grandfather, how are you?" She smiled softly, holding her phone in between her ear and shoulder as she threw her hair into a ponytail.

"I called you on your own phone, but you didn't pick up." Dagoo explained. "I'm doing great. I forgot to thank you for all the tonics you gave to me after my fall."

"Of course, I'm glad it helped. What can I do for you?" She hummed.

"You know, it's been a while since I saw you last, so why don't we have dinner together tonight? I'll send you the address, so just meet me there. Hope you can make it." He explained, his smile being heard through his voice. "I'll see you there!"

✧༺♥༻✧

Carefully sliding up her intricately designed headband, Hyejin stepped outside of the minivan. Sliding her white purse over her shoulder, she began making her way towards the entrance of the restaurant, not noticing the man standing not too far away from her.

"Excuse me, what are you doing here?" Taemoo quickly asked as he swiftly made his way towards her.

"Your grandfather asked me to stop by." Raising her eyebrows, she shoved her hands into the pockets of her light beige trench coat as she shrugged nonchalantly. "Just because you aren't too fond of me doesn't mean that our agreement is over."

"Didn't you get a call from your friend?"

"Call from who?"

"Didn't you get a call from Jin Youngseo?" He asked urgently.

"Did something happen?" Her previous playfulness was gone as her eyebrows furrowed in concern.

Letting out a small sigh, "We have to go now, Hyejin."

✧༺♥༻✧

Slowly jogging past the entrance of the police station, Hyejin slowed down as she saw Youngseo sitting down in front of one of the employees, Yeonmi, Mingyu, Hari, and Jihoon all awkwardly leaning against the wall behind her.