Jade-The next step

One step at a time. James took my hand and help me over to the bar. I grabbed the bar instantly when we reached it. I sat down slowly on the ground. "You know what. I just give up. It's not going to get any better." I said to James. It's been two weeks now since what happened. My legs were the thing that was affected the most. It was about one week later that I could move my arms again, but not my legs. And yes, that meant that I couldn't even eat without help. That was the worst part of all of this. So, then A was the one helping me eating and well yeah... It was pretty awkward, and it didn't make I better when she teased me with the train method. I swear if she has a secret picture of me... Then her head is gone. Or well it's minimum going to be read with hand marks. So, I guess it's a good thing that she hasn't one. "I am not kidding when I say I am going to push you if you don't get up at try again." James said with a desperate look in his eyes. I rolled my eyes and tried to get up on me feet again. It was just not happening. "Look, I can't. My legs hurt too much." I said bumping down to the floor, again. "There is not a thing called I can't. It is called I can't yet." I didn't agree and talked back to him, but he kept talking. "And not to be a jerk or something, but I am your Physiotherapist and there is something that I have to tell you this, and you won't like it." "Wait-. So, you are for real now" I said in shock. Because... I didn't know he was an actual Physiotherapist. I thought he only was someone who was in practice and was only a substitute. "So, you're not some substitute." I said to him confused of the situation. "No, I am your official Physiotherapist." James said and laughed. "Okay... So, I know that this is none of my business, but how old are you then." I said afraid of an answer because he looks like someone who is at my age or similar to my age. James laughed when I said that. "I get that question quit a lot." He said and smiled a little. "I started this career 3 years ago when I was the same age as you. Just a little bit younger though." He said to me. "Wait I am sorry, but haven't you been in school then?" I said both confused and surprised at the same time. "Yes, but only 1 year." ONE YEAR! I thought to myself. "I started at the same time as everybody else, but my mom took me out and had me homeschooled instead." "Oh... Or eh I am sorry you didn't get to go to school even though it's none of my business. Sorry I should have never asked." I said to him. Why did I even ask it was none of my business. "It's okay I don't care, and I don't even think about it today." "So, you're 19?" I asked him. "No, I am 18, but my birthday is in two months." He spoke. "So that means-" "Nah ah, Jade" He interrupted. "You don't get to talk to me and distract me, so you don't get to walk. Come on we only have 20 minutes left. Just take a few steps more without the bar and then we can get a break." Damit. I didn't think that he had figured me out. I took a few more steps away from the bar and now my legs were burning like I was standing in lave. James then helped me get over to the sitting area. We sat down and a took a break. "Wait a minute. Before I interrupted you. You told me something about, that there was something you must tell me?" "Oh, right yeah. It's just that the pain you feel now in your legs, is going to be a lot worse after a week from now and then it'd going to get better after two weeks from there." He spoke. "You are kidding right." If he wasn't kidding, then his head was gone too. "No, I am not kidding I just wanted to inform you, so you don't get a shock." "You are the worst Physiotherapist." I said sarcastic. "But we're going to get through this okay. I am going to help you." He said in a convincing way. So, I guess this is going to be an even worser month of my life.

-

After the break we began our second hour for today's program. Today was one of the long days. I moved my laze ass up from the chair and prepared me for an hour more of this abusive training shit. But seriously why can't my leg just spawn healed. Not again. Fire burning up my leg. "Please James. What if we take another break now and 10 more steps after?" I said, and you know what. I'll just sit down anyway. Because what are he going to do. Push me. I don't think so. "Absolutely not. You also know that the pain is going to be worse, and you have to live with it. So, it's a good that we're practicing it now." I didn't really care and found a chair to sit on. The next moment I was on the ground. James took the chair and moved it right before I had a chance to sit down. "OW. What was that for." I said now with even more pain in my leg. "You have to get used to that I make the rules. So, get your ass up from the ground. You can also take the bar now because I am in a nice mood." James said not even helping me over to the bar. How can't he even be a professional Physiotherapist? He doesn't help me over to the bar, Move the chair. I am starting to think that he paid money to get this job. Even though there's one thing he's good at. He knows how to cheer you up. If I am being honest, I am not really good at pushing myself to do thing. But just after two weeks I can already stand up and walk 15 steps without the bar. I also know that he can't really help with the pain. I just wish he could. Every second I feel stings up the way of my leg, and when I walk, it's like that there's fire up me legs or that I am standing in lava. The only question that I am still asking my self is how. I didn't even feel when... it happened. Or well it felt like I was falling through a big black hole or something. James interrupted me in my thought. "There is only 20 minutes left. So, what is going to happened now is that I help you over to the other bar and then we practice 10 steps while you are holding on to the bar and 10 steps without you holding the bar." I guess that was fair enough. He puled my arm over his shoulder and help me get over to the other bar. I know why he wanted to practice on that bar. That was because it was more steps away. I grabbed the bar and started taking one step at a time 1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10. I know that I can't see it, but I would sell my farther if there wasn't actually fire up my legs right now.