𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝑻𝒓𝒚 𝑻𝒐 𝑺𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝑴𝒆

A N
sorry this took so fucking long 

**warning:
-chapter has content to eating disorders, starvation, suicidal ideation and mentions to sexual abuse which some readers might find disturbing or triggering.

**warning:-chapter has content to eating disorders, starvation, suicidal ideation and mentions to sexual abuse which some readers might find disturbing or triggering

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵, 𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝑻𝒓𝒚 𝑻𝒐 𝑺𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝑴𝒆

???

 "Oi." A rough voice broke through the long, expanding darkness. She felt too warm to open her eyes. She was contempt within that darkness. "Hey. You're not dead... are ya?" The male voice seemed familiar, if only in the way he spoke.

 Her eyes cracked open and she looked up. She was sat under the storm grate that led to the surface. She'd liked sitting under it and feeling the warmth of the sun. Feeling warm at all. Her tired dark eyes opened. For a moment, her eyes struggled to adjust to the sunlight beating down on her face, but through the sun, she saw a boy stood in front of her.

 She couldn't see much of him through the sun, but dark blue eyes were staring down at her. But the thing she'd always remember best about him was the color of his hair, because it was a shade of orange that she'd never seen before.

 "Oh good. You're alive." His gaze was calm. For the first time in a while, she looked at a man and didn't feel threatened. He looked and sounded so much like--

 "Yeah. I'm alive." 

 "You shouldn't sleep out in the open like this. It's not safe." 

 "I wasn't sleeping." She reached behind her and raised the hunting knife she'd set behind her. "And if you had tried anything, you wouldn't have breathed much longer." 

  A smile came over his handsome face. He was her age, but something about him reminded her of Levi and him. "Well, aren't you a smart one?" 

 "I'm not that smart." 

 "Smarter than me." He laughed. Charlotte hadn't heard anyone laugh since Isabel and Farlen left. "You're Charlotte, right? You remember me?" 

 Charlotte stared at him with a lifeless expression. "I've seen you before." She answered flatly. 

 "I'v never seen you out without your brother." He commented and the comment made her uneasy. 

 "He um, he's gone." That's it. She thinks. It's over now. He'll do what all men do to me and then leave. 

 But he never did. Never. He never touched her. He never lingered. Charlotte didn't know why he was so different. Because he was her age? Or was he just better than everyone else in underground? Was he an angel? He seemed like one in that light. Charlotte always liked his hair. She always wore dark colors but for the rest of her life, that shade of orange was her favorite.