𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 -𝟏𝟎- 𝐇𝐢𝐦

The drama finally got over and Chittra sat next to us

The drama finally got over and Chittra sat next to us. We started teasing her but she already had enough and was not in the mood so we stopped.

Finally all the lectures were over and we were going back to home and on our way, I saw Aastha in tha hallway with some papers in her hands standing in the opposite direction. Nina, Asmee and Chittra already left and the boys also went by their car but I stopped by.

"Nice Ring!" I complimented looking at her ring and she turned into my direction.

"Thanks Ridhima! It's my engagement ring" she replied with a soft smile but a thought struck me. Why was she wearing her engagement ring on her index finger? But I decided not to ask her, maybe she'll feel uncomfortable to answer. Afterall we both are still strangers.

"Oh that's nice, btw How long you've been married?" I asked her casually.

"Not long, almost 1 year" she answered.

"And how long you've been..." I asked looking at her belly.

"7 months" she replied casually. Was I investigating too much?

"Oh really?" I said looking again because it didn't looked like 7 months.

"I know what you're thinking and I was worried too but my doctor said that it is because the baby might be a little unhealthy" she said with a warm smile always on her pretty face.

"Why you're coming to college, you should stay at home and rest" I said with a sensitive look.

"Ya I know, I've come to collect some of my assignments. Don't worry" she said showing me her assignments.

"But still, you could've sent your husband. Is he here with you?" I asked her.

"Oh- actually... he's.. actually- busy. Yeah he is always really busy with his work" she said but something was really strange when I asked her that. Her face expressions changed.

"Do you mind if I ask you something?" I asked.

"Go ahead" she said with a forced smile.

"Is your husband a good person- I mean does he love you?" I asked with hesitation.

"Of course he does, I'm the most important person for him in the world he do love me." She quickly replied.

"Oh I'm so stupid, I'm really sorry that I made you uncomfortable" I said in guilt.

"No no it's completely fine Ridhima. You just care about me and I like that. Thank you" she said hugging me softly. She was so sweet and nice. Her husband must be really lucky that he got such an innocent and sweet wife.

"Friends then?" I asked with a smile.

"Weren't we from that day?" She said with smile and I did the same.

After a lil talk, we exchanged our numbers and I asked, " What's his name btw".

"Oh his name is A-" she was saying but her phone rang.