June 16th 2008: Notorious Case

"The sound of birds chirping and the leave's rustling in the distance. That was music to her ears. She loved the outdoors. That's what inspired her music." Says Ichini Kitano. It's 2008, June 16th and a missing report had just gotten sent to the police. Ichini, a part timer at a grocery store and a manager of Michiyo Yoshioka. Michiyo, a popular singer that was losing fame because of a scandal a few days before her disappearance. She was caught physically fighting with a staff member in a show called Maramba Talk show. Soon after her disappearance people around the city began looking for this girl. On July 3rd, 2008 a forest of campers were playing a game when they saw a girl floating up-side-down on the lake. And that was Michiyo. The most noted thing in the crime scene was the markings on her shirt. It said "This is my Notorious sacrifice."

  March 7th, 2013.
"Your a friend of Michiyo Yoshioka right?"
"Can I ask what you saw?"
"Did you kill Michiyo?"
"We're you jealous of Michiyo?"
"Is this what they call notorious?"
  Those were the only things I could think of when someone mentions my old friend. I get DMs all over my social media and I can't help but feel irritated. When I became a reporter I never even thought of having requests for Michiyo's case. I regret it all! I mean I should have just become a writer. But even that too! I wrote a whole book on Michiyo's story!
"Masae."
  I mean I never thought she would just kill herself. No! She couldnt kill herself. How could she have written on her shirt? Maybe she wrote it before hand? But why?
"Masae Nagase!" Someone shouts.
"Huh?" I look up.
"What's got you so fixated in your mind?"
"Sorry Ichini, I just have a headache from all the messages I've been getting ever sense I wrote the story of Michiyo."
  Ichini Kitano, she was the manager of Michiyo and later on switched to a different client with the same TV show as the one I'm working at. I still remember a little rumor that she had a genuine kiss with Michiyo but both of them denied it.
"We all miss her Masae but we all let it go so you should too." Ichini says patting my head.
  I know she's right but I feel like I shouldn't forget. Not because I felt bad for her because if I'm being honest she wasn't a very good friend but I feel like someone's telling me I can't forget. And then the message that was written on her shirt.
It almost felt like Deja Vu.
"Anyways, you can go home today. They are ending early because one of the staff members collapsed."
"Oh, are they alright?" I say.
"Yeah, he left on cab to get some rest."
"Ok well I guess I'll see you Monday then."
"Yeah, cya."

  Walking home has never been more gloomy in my life. So gloomy that I feel I'm being watched. While walking home I see a car parked in the front of my house. I walked towards the car.
"Can I help you sir?"
"Ah! I was just about to leave but I see you just got here."
"What is it you need?"
I can just feel my face red and flaming but I don't worry as much because it was dark out and he probably couldn't see me as much.
"Im detective Joy, I am investigating the Michiyo case. Do you happen to be Ms. Nagase?"
  Not another reporter.
"I told you, I'm not answering your questions."
"Wait," he says. I pause standing still waiting for him to say something.
I turn to him.
"What?"
"Please, this case may never be solved and we will never find the truth to Michiyo's death."
"Honestly I could care-"
I stop myself. If I told him that I could care less about her death then I would surly be a suspect of her death.
"Fine, but only 5 minutes because I'm tired."
I lead him inside and start to make tea for us two.

~ YAY! Thx for reading my second story on this acc. I also made My Fantasy so please read that too. And ofc all my other friends storys too! ~