Walking off the court, sweat clinging to my brow and a victorious smile etched onto my face, I couldn't help but feel an incredible sense of pride.

Once the game was over, the team all gave Jackson and me there praise, and we all got ready. "Cameron, party tonight, you coming?" I nodded, putting on my shirt. "I would not miss it,"

Once everyone had left, I decided to take advantage of the showers. I put on my flip flops and grabbed my shower products before heading to the bathroom. After I finished showering, I made my way towards my mother's office. When I arrived, she was sitting in her chair with a cup of coffee in her hand. I knocked on the door as she had instructed me to do, and she looked up and smiled at me.

"I heard you guys won!" she exclaimed. I smiled back, feeling proud of our team's four-game winning streak. Although it wasn't new for me, I was happy for the new members who were experiencing their first victories with the team. I entered her office and replied, "We sure did."

"I'm guessing a party is happening afterwards," I nodded, my mom just smiled. She wasn't a fan of the after-party after I had gotten into a fight for defending her honor. After someone called her 'white trash' which if people actually did there fucking research they would know that my grandma from my mom's side is actual black and my grandfather is white.

It was a sensitive topic for my mother, and even though it had happened four years ago, she still couldn't let me live it down, since I nearly lost my scholarship and would've been suspended.

"Just be careful okay," I nodded, and watched as she got out of her chair and walked over to me, placing one of her motherly kisses on my forehead.

Oh boy. "What is it mom?" She gave me a look of disbelief. "I really got to stop doing that," I shook my head and chuckled.

"Well, I saw a person from the past today and I just wanted to let you know so that if you do see them, extend my invite to dinner." I gave her the look of confusion, confused as to who the 'person of the past' is.

"Who mother?" She tightened her lips and threw away an imaginary key, a gesture that I had grown to hate over the years. "Ugh, so why tell me if you're not going to say who?" I groan, feeling frustrated with her cryptic behavior.

"Well it's been years, you're not going to recognize them now," I rolled my eyes at her reasoning. She always seemed to beat around the bush when she had some secret to tell. Last week, she had done the same thing when she had shared the news about our neighbor's divorce and their fight for dog custody. Why is that information so important that you keep it from us for a whole week? Then tell us as if it's some juice shit that we were hearing.

"Whatever mom, I got to go get ready for the party, I'll see you later, also is dad coming to my game next week?"

Mom looks away, which was enough confirmation I needed to know that he was busy or probably off fucking that White Russian lady, he met a couple weeks ago. Too busy to worry about little ole fucking me.

"Alright, thanks for that," I gave my mom a kiss on her forehead and left in the direction of my dorm. When I got there I quickly, disregard of my clothes, my roommate was out with his girlfriend so I had the room all to myself. My mind kept wondering to that Mystery person, I groan outloud, why couldn't she just tell me?!

I spent the rest of the 2 hours doing Math home work, my mind wondering again to that Mystery person. I couldn't pin point who it was.

I had three people in my mind.

My Grandma from my dad's side who I hadn't seen but from what my mom is saying, ot sounds like this person is going here. Then there is my cousin, Jared who left town last year but that nigga is like 26 going on 30, and he said an quote. "School is for people who want to be somebody in life, well shi is school gonna teach me how to fuck? Call me pussy Mechanic,"

He was high as a kite when he said that.

And then there is Deja. I know my momma said her mom passed away a couple months ago, which I'm sad to hear cause her mom was one of the most beautiful woman that I knew, aside from my momma. She was beautiful in the inside and on the outside, that's where my sweet Deja get her beautiful ways from.

I was just 13 when Deja left, we had plans to be friends forever. Shit I was so close to calling her my Best friend, but my Damien, my brother said Guys and girls couldn't be Best friend, which I didn't understand why until I started to refer to Deja as my sweet girl.

Don't get me wrong I believe Girls and Guys can be friends. But with Deja I was a young boy, who was 'stupid' to have fallen in love.

See now I'm getting a head of myself.

"Yo, Javon you ready?" I look down at my black Nike pants and white tees.

Fuck it. "Yeah, I'll be right out,"

I quickly grab my phone, and made sure all the lights were off then left. Everyone, this includes me, my roommate Jacob, his girlfriend Ashley, my best friend Caleb, his brother Cameron, we call him by his middle name which is Tyler since my name is Cameron and he hates his name.

Anyways then there is Tj, Monica and her best friend Jasmine.

Well I think that's her name.

I actually don't know since I barely saw her.

We were all stuck in one car.

Throughout the drive the girls won the radio so they got to play song that they wanted through out the long and noisey ride. They choose to play Rich baby daddy by Drake whuch feature Sexy red and Sza. As the girls yelled from the top of their lungs, the guys lit some joint and smoked.

I was just going to enjoy myself.

As soon as we reached our destination, we all stepped out of the vehicle and made plans to reunite later. Stepping into the house, the pungent scent of marijuana and alcohol instantly overwhelmed my senses. The bright lights momentarily blinded me, disorienting my path. I couldn't see where I was going, causing someone to bump into my chest. I shiver when a cold substance started to soak my white tee. "Fuck man, watch where you going,"

"Shit, I'm so sorry," I apologize, as I looked down at my now soaking wet shirt, then looked up and our eyes locked.

Those familiar brown eyes.

"Deja?"

★★★

Any feedback so far? See y'all next update 🫶🏽