𝟬𝟮𝟯  addison and derek

Start from the beginning

Yeah, yeah no. I didn't like Liam.

That was a problem. I didn't like Liam and I didn't like Deandre, I didn't like Carl and I didn't like Anthony.

All of the men I'd spoken to I had found flaws in them. Tyler had had too much gel in his hair and Emmanuel had spoken to my breasts throughout the whole of our conversation. I really had to stop wearing low-cut tops to these sort of places.

While Nicholas hadn't even glanced at my boobs and had only spoken about Mariah Carey through the whole of our conversation.

So, through the duration of my evening, all I'd gained was a possible pal to hang out with at a Mimi concert and the beginnings of a migraine.

"Time's up!"

Linda's voice filled the bar and Liam finished whatever little anecdote about his life he'd been rambling on about. Again, I dragged in a mouthful of wine and muttered 'thank god' under my breath, flashing Liam a bright smile as he got to his feet.

"Can all men rotate onto the next table, please!"

To my surprise, he wrote his cellphone number on a napkin and slid it across the table, telling me to call him if I wanted a good time. I pursed my lips, glancing down at the little smiley face he drew after the last digit.

Once he'd moved onto the next table- a provocatively dressed redhead who was just a tiny bit blackout drunk- I discreetly crumpled it up, throwing an eye around for the nearest bin.

Sorry, Liam, it's a no from me.

The next mystery bachelor seemed to take his time to get to my table, so I could that window of time for some self-reflection. I gazed at the crumpled napkin in my hand and frowned lightly, finishing off my wine without a bat of an eyelash.

Was I being picky?

Yes.

I was hopelessly picky-- but something just wasn't right with all of the guys I'd met and flirted with and then half-heartedly hooked up with here and there. They were all missing something that I couldn't quite put my finger on... or maybe I was just picking out flaws in these people for the fun of it.

I unfurled my fist, staring down at the smiley face Liam had drawn; a light sigh slipped through my lips as I lifted my empty glass, stuffing the napkin into the dregs of my cheap wine.

I tapped my nails against the table for a few passing seconds, sending the bar attendant a strained, boxy smile as he passed and whipped Liam's phone number away and for the nearest trash can. He seemed to give me a knowing look in return, having trailed his way through the countless ten-minute blind dates that were playing out around us.

It was only when he left that I glanced over my shoulder, at the next table, seeing Liam and the redhead  making out in the middle of the bar. It seemed as though I'd made a good call. At least that was one positive about the night.

"Sorry for the delay..."

I turned around and severely regretted sending off my glass.

A pause passed between us, filled with my audible dry swallow as I found myself caught red-handed. "I Swear" by All-4-One seemed a pretty good icebreaker as the man in front of me seemed to reel with the sight of me, slightly intoxicated and incredibly over this whole shitshow.

Slowly but surely, his lips twitched into a smile, blue eyes blazing and falling on my name badge.

"Addison." He said the name in a way that caused the hairs to rise on the back of my neck. I shifted uncomfortably, rolling my eyes. "I couldn't find the restroom, you see... I've never been here before so... I got lost."