Chapter 1

Your POV

Today is your first day; your first job. After finishing a degree in Advertising Arts, you want to pursue a master's degree in education. Your parents supported you in your undergraduate education, so you wanted to support yourself this time and try to make it on your own. Luckily, the university you're attending offers distance learning so it's easier to juggle school and work. You got hired by an agency to be a part of a celebrity's social media team. The offer is more than enough to support your education and your needs. You are given an address—your boss' or the publicist's office where you will be briefed and given your equipment needed for work. You walked along the streets trying to find your way. You are still an hour early still had time to grab breakfast on the way. You found the building where the office is located, and the security told you to wait at the lobby as the office is still closed. A couple of minutes later, a girl named Anna approached me and lead me to the office and gave me a tour and an orientation at the same time.

"So, here is our office pantry. Coffee and snacks are on the house, feel free to get some anytime you want. On your right is the conference room for meetings which don't usually happen unless Cate has a new project or if there are any problems— "I stopped on my tracks.

"Excuse me, Cate?" I asked.

"Yes, Cate. Oh, wait, you haven't been told? Our boss is Cate Blanchett's agent/publicist, Hylda Quelly." She answered.

Oh. My. God. Cate freaking Blanchett is my boss??? Well, technically, her agent. But still!! I screamed in my head.

Not a lot of people know this, but I have had a huge crush on Cate for a long time. I am completely head over heels for this amazing, intelligent, and wonderful woman. She would do a spectacular job in giving life to every character she had played as. I also love how she is aware of the social issues in the world and takes a stand to make a change. Her presence screams elegance, but she could also light up the room with her humor. Pretty, funny, kind, and talented? That's literally my ultimate dream girl. I was only a little bit nervous about my first day at work before it was mentioned that I'll be working for Cate. I was thinking about Cate and didn't realize that we're already done with the briefing and orientation. We went back to the conference room and people are now inside the then empty room. In front of the conference room was a woman whom I recognize to be usually close by Cate in a lot of her public appearances: it's Hylda Queally.

"Come on! I'll introduce you to the team and to Hylda." Anna said, snapping me out of my thoughts completely. We went in and Anna whispered something to Hylda. They both looked at me weirdly.

"Ugh. Another one." Hylda said.

"Pardon? Another one?" I replied, confused.

"Anna told me you got startled and looked like you were in another world after she mentioned that you'll be working for Cate. I'm assuming you're one of those weird fangirls who obsess so much about her that they purposely targeted this job just to stalk on her." Hylda said.

"Excuse me, Ms. Queally, but I am a bit offended. Yes, I'll admit, I do have a crush on Cate. However, I didn't have any idea whom I'll be working with until I got here. So, no, I'm not obsessed with her." I answered.

"Well, that's good to hear. I'm sorry. We just had enough of those people that we had to keep our guards up. This doesn't mean we won't be keeping an eye on you." Surprisingly, Hylda apologized. Most people would have their pride as high as the freaking Eiffel tower and would not even own up to their mistakes.

"Apology accepted. And I totally understand if you don't completely trust me yet. However, I'm willing to prove you wrong." I confidently replied.

"That settles it! I guess we can now start with the meeting?" Anna interrupted.

"Finally! I've been standing here for a while; my heels are killing me." A voice spoke. My hands got cold, my eyes went wide, and I felt all the hairs at the back of my neck stand. I recognize that voice. The voice, that no matter how much it has changed over the years, I still recognize from watching all her movies. I slowly and shakily turned around and met her gaze.

Cate. It's Cate Blanchett. Holy shit!

"So, I heard someone has a little crush on me." She spoke; still keeping her eyes on me.

Oh fuck.

Author's note: hopefully I can keep this up and finish this story hihi