02

The next morning, Bella woke up half an hour before her alarm was set to go off. She groaned as she rolled over, not wanting to get up and do anything. She had spent all night going over what happened earlier that day, and how she felt about it. She had been ogling the new girl, and she had been very obvious about it too. She would've been fine with it, if not for the fact that at least two people were aware of it.

Bella knows she's gay, and she's not ashamed of it. Never has been, and never will be. However, no one knows she's gay. So, even if it was just Jay and Carlos who noticed, she was terrified of what would happen if they decided to tell anyone else. Gossip spread like wildfire at Auradon Prep.

Her sexuality was not something she was ready to share with anyone yet, not even with her brother.

While her parents had never explicitly shared their thoughts on queer people, her father loved to remind them about the values and morals the royal family have to uphold. A reminder to never step out of line, and portray something other than a perfect 'normal' family. Plus, why add more reasons to why she's a disappointment to her father?

Sure, she wasn't the poster child for what her father believed in, if her constant trips to detention were anything to go by. She was never afraid to voice her opinion, even if it went against anything her father believed in. Was she scared of doing so? No, never. That didn't mean she wasn't afraid of him at times- but what teenage girl wasn't afraid of their father?

Ben, however, was everything her father believed in. He was an outstanding student and athlete who listened to his parents and did as told. He never talked back and never got in any trouble. He was everything Auradon stood for, which is why he was the favorite.

Despite that, Bella never held a grudge against her brother. She loved him, he was her best friend. She was jealous, sure, but not just over the crown- it was everything else. The relationship Ben had with their father, how close they were, and the amount of time they spent together. One could argue that if she tried harder, she too could have that sort of father-daughter bond with him, but why should the responsibility fall on her?

A knock disrupted Bella's thoughts, saving her from spending the morning thinking about things she didn't want to think about.

She looked over to her clock, noting that it was a quarter till six. Who could possibly need her this early in the morning? She reluctantly got up from her bed and went to see who was knocking.

Surprising no one, it was Fairy Godmother.

"Good morning Bella, I just wanted to see if you could bring our new students to the library for their Remedial Goodness class after breakfast. Silly me forgot to mention it yesterday or to add it to their schedules. Thank you so much dear, I'll leave you to it then."

Fairy Godmother left as soon as she finished, not allowing Bella to reply to anything she said. Bella was sure FG had at least two energy drinks every morning before leaving her house, no one could be that chipper in the morning.

Bella closed the door and jumped back into her bed, trying to savor any time she had left before she had to get ready for the day. She waited for her alarm to go off before she bothered to move again. Once it did, she got up to make her bed and officially start her day.

She didn't feel like spending too much time debating over what to wear so she went with a black maxi dress paired with a white short-sleeve underneath and her favorite boots. She grabbed her phone and headed to the bathroom, one advantage of having no roommate was that she could play her music at whatever time she wanted and not have to worry about annoying anyone. Plus, no one to judge what she chose to listen to.