Chapter 25 - Pillow Talk (Season 4)

Zacznij od początku

"I'd rather die at the hands of a titan than drink pig piss with devils!" He roared, aiming his gun at Leah. Her eyes widened significantly, staring death straight in the face. The deafening bang ricocheted through the night's air and Leah squeezed her eyes shut, waiting for the pain or death itself to kick in. But it never came.

"Leah!" A panicked squeal from Armin drove home the fact that Leah was still standing and breathing.

When the ringing in her ears subsided she peeked one eye open. The Marleyean Captain no longer stood before her. Her gaze dropped to see him, along with his gun, now lay at her feet; a bloody circle pierced onto the side of his skull from a bullet. His helmet sat uselessly on the deck, being stained red as his warm blood oozed from the hole in his head.

When Leah breathed in, the air carried with it a metallic sting, mixed with the acrid stench of gunpowder smoke that she despised so much. Leah steeled her emotions and the sudden urge to vomit with a clench of her jaw. She lifted her gaze from the body, towards where the bullet must of come from. With the gun still poised, smoke billowing from the barrel, was another blonde Marleyean soldier.

"Uh- put your hands up, Yelena!" Growled one of the male soldiers, diverting his threat of death to his comrade. The named soldier, Yelena, pointed her gun right back at him. "Lay down your weapons." Her voice was authoritative and calm, carrying with it the introduction of another mutineer.

A second white clad soldier, with dark skin like Leah had never seen, approached the first soldier from behind, pushing his gun right in his face. "What are you-"

"Do as she says." He said coolly. Leah's eyes darted between the Marleyans, taken aback by the sudden rebellion. Yelena removed her helmet, and started striding towards the bow. The closer she got, the more Leah realised this woman stood nearly double her height.

"Leah, Hange. I'd like to accept your invitation." Yelena spread her arms, slinging one over the soaking and shivering Leah's shoulder and hugging her close. "Let's have some tea."

-

Leah peered curiously over Hange's soldier to get a better look at the smaller, more efficient guns of Marley, which held a supply of up to 8 bullets per pistol. "Oooh, I see now! So that's why your guns can shoot so many bullets." Hange jibbered excitedly, loading the pistol in her hands.

"Back in Marley those weapons are standard issue." Yelena replied nonchalantly, before taking a sip of her tea. Leah mimicked the action, lifting her teacup to her lips to drink in the warm liquid. She'd been pacing back and forth, trying to get a heat into her body. Swimming at night was not a good idea, she'd learnt.

"The Marleyean Army is compromised of 50 divisions, each made up of 20,000 troops. That comes out to a million soldiers in total." The shocking figures made Leah freeze her erratic marching, her jaw dropping open, only until a chill ran through her and she was forced to continue her pacing.

"Then there's the Marleyean Navy. It's divided into three fleets, with 21 battleships each. Marley's been developing new weapons, too. They're making strides in the field of aerial warfare." Yelena continued.

"Aerial?" Hange repeated slowly, drawing out the 'ay' sound. "What's that?" Leah piped curiously.

"Tch. Keep it together or they'll think we're weak." Levi hissed under his breath to Hange and his Co-Captain. "I know that!" Hange whisper-shouted back, as if the two Marleyean soldiers before them couldn't hear a thing. Onyankopon, the darker skinned soldier, looked to Leah with an amused smile and rolled his eyes slightly at Hange and Levi's antics. The red-head stifled a snort as Onyankopon elaborated on what Yelena left.