ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7

𝐎𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐚𝐝

𝐎𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐚𝐝

I can tell nobody got an ounce of sleep last night

I can tell nobody got an ounce of sleep last night. Everyone was either scared or traumatized. I tried to get Evangeline to sleep, rubbing her back, humming to her, and even telling her random made-up stories. But in the end, she was still too scared to sleep. I don't blame her. I was practically a night owl. Listening to every, single, sound outside our shared tent, checking our surroundings, etc. I was also too scared to sleep. But, I showed like I wasn't, for Eva's sake. When deep down, I wanted to cry, run away, and not look back.

I look around at the survivors of the events last night. There were almost 30 of us, only a few nights ago. Now, there's only 18. I watch Andrea stare at her little sister's body. I don't even think she went to bed last night. She stayed with Amy all night, and so did Dale. To make sure Andrea wouldn't do anything stupid or get caught in a second part of the attack. She was too sad and scared to end it for her sister before she got re-animated. I understand. It's not easy, or practically fun. But, Amy would rather it all end before she hurt someone.

God. I hate how I see myself in those two.

I keep my arrows and bow over my shoulder and I try the best I can to help, But no one lets me. I feel annoyed that no one allowing me to even scope the area, but I know they all see me as a fragile little girl.

I see Shane, Rick, and Glenn talking together and I walk up to them. Before they notice me, I hear them talking about what's the plan, but when they do realize I'm there; they stop. "What are we going to do next?" I ask, with a serious tone in my voice. They all look at each other, trying to talk through their eyes. "Don't worry. We're going to think of something. Just, play with all the other kids." Rick says. I can tell he's trying to make me feel better, trying to calm my worries, but that's not the answer I want.

"I want to know what's the plan, to know if me and Evangeline are going to be joining you. If the plan is stupid and I think it'll put our lives in danger, she and I will leave. I want to know where we are going, and what we are doing." I say, standing my ground. I don't mean to sound bratty, but I want the answer I deserve. Rick seems to be shocked or in other words surprised at my response. While Glenn and Shane have already gotten used to my sharp tongue. I knew they weren't always fond of me wanting to know the plan so much but they never got mad or blamed me for wanting to know. At least Glenn. I knew it pissed off Shane, and still does.